GIVING DAY 2023
Don’t sleep on the 2011 team:

Ryan Pearson: 40%
Cam Long: 43.2%
Andre Cornelius: 38.6%
Luke Hancock: 35.9%
Ike Tate: 41.2%
Vertrail Vaughans: 49.3%
Yeah that team had it all. They were as good statistically as the 06 team in many areas too. Oh well.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Don’t sleep on the 2011 team:

Ryan Pearson: 40%
Cam Long: 43.2%
Andre Cornelius: 38.6%
Luke Hancock: 35.9%
Ike Tate: 41.2%
Vertrail Vaughans: 49.3%

The 2010-11 team shot 39.5% behind the arc, which is the 3rd best in school history. It also had the program's longest winning streak (16 games).

This season's team is shooting 36.2% behind the arc (currently 6th best in school history). It has made 162 3-pt. FG's (9.5 pg), which is on pace to shatter the school record of 230 3-pointers in a season (2017-18).

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah that team had it all. They were as good statistically as the 06 team in many areas too. Oh well.
That was my freshman year. Followed them all around that year. That CAA semi still kills me. If they had won that tourney and stayed as a top five regional seed in the NCAA they were destined for the Elite Eight.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That was my freshman year. Followed them all around that year. That CAA semi still kills me. If they had won that tourney and stayed as a top five regional seed in the NCAA they were destined for the Elite Eight.

Don’t even get me started lol.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
i dunno about that far... by S16 seemed like a good bet

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Was just thinking: when was the last time you could consider Mason was a dangerous shooting team? It’s been awhiiiiiile. Schwartz is a big part of that (all three of our big transfers are, to be honest).
The game is certainly changing. I personally think the new transfer rules are going to benefit the mid majors the most.

Tennessee must of had some serious talent on the roster if Gaines couldn’t get significant minutes.

NewPatriot

Starter
The game is certainly changing. I personally think the new transfer rules are going to benefit the mid majors the most.

Tennessee must of had some serious talent on the roster if Gaines couldn’t get significant minutes.
Yes. They had 2 lottery picks last year and g leaguer...

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Even DP could have finished 9th in a down A-10 and lost to Fordham in the second round of the A-10 tournament.

That said, I think the long-term future of the program is bright.
We would have been in the pillowfight without AJ, Javon and Kolek who were all transferring regardless. We wouldn’t have had Schwartz ticket or cooper. That’s a shit roster

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I feel for Schwartz, he should be dancing with his final year of eligibility. Put him on the staff and let’s bring him to the dance next year haha. Half joking.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Even DP could have finished 9th in a down A-10

Was it a down A10 this year, though?

Davidson is one of my upset picks to knock off MSU. That's a solid squad at the top.
vcu was a different squad once Baldwin returned. They beat Vandy in Nashville, Syracuse on a neutral court, took #22 UConn to overtime, and gave #1 seed Baylor a tough contest.
Dayton started out ugly and then beat Miami, beat #1 seed Kansas, beat a tough Belmont team, and beat ACC tournament champion VA Tech.
St. Bonnie returned everyone from their A10 Championship and still finished 4th.
St. Louis was solid if unspectacular.
Richmond finished the season 14-4 and won the A10 beating vcu, Dayton, and Davidson consecutively.

The competition drops off after that, but the top 6 A10 teams were pretty solid squads