Welcome D'Shawn Schwartz

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Now lets see if this addition begets more and encourages more of the big three on our current roster to stay.
Outside of Jordan I can’t say I care if any stay. I just like watching a coach recruit solid talent. Would love to keep watching a complete roster overhaul. Kolek as good as gone anyways. If Oduro stays awesome if he doesn’t I have no doubt KE will recruit someone better anyways

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Oh. Oh well. Maybe someday. Anyway, looks good!
4853ce63d34e23c6b8da6c4d6c6eeadc.jpg

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Outside of Jordan I can’t say I care if any stay. I just like watching a coach recruit solid talent. Would love to keep watching a complete roster overhaul. Kolek as good as gone anyways. If Oduro stays awesome if he doesn’t I have no doubt KE will recruit someone better anyways

Agree with the concept but we shouldnt rely on that alone - I think Oduro staying would be great. I am looking to keep at least one and then Jordan.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Nice quote in Zags Blog

“Obviously I have a strong tie to coach English from his time at Colorado,” Schwartz said. “He was able to help me with my development and some hard times while at CU.

“I wanted to use this year to become the best basketball player I can be and to grow up in a year of living away from Colorado.”

Given CU's success (NCAA run, 3rd place Pac12 finish & 2 points away from Pac12 Champs) and his large role (4th on team in Min. & Pts.) I was a little concerned over the possibility of getting a discontented player, but sounds more like a sold relationship already in place.

Huge, huge, huge pickup. Not just for the individual talent, but also brings in a 5th year Senior who has familiarity w/CKE's style of Coaching and expectations to help establish the culture.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
From his bio - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/d-shawn-schwartz/15021

"USA Basketball: Schwartz was one of 18 finalists for the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s U17 World Championship Team. He finished as a runner-up in the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s 3x3 U18 National Tournament and participated in the 2015 USA Men’s Junior National Team October minicamp.

Academics: Majoring in Marketing at Colorado with a minor in Music Technology. Named to the 2018-19 Pac-12 All-Academic Second Team. One of four recipients (the freshman class winner) of the Byron R. White Leadership and Initiative Award, given to those student-athletes who have exhibited outstanding initiative and demonstrates a strong commitment to service to the CU and Boulder communities. An avid musician, he worked with CU's Academic Futures Department to submit a Community White Paper called "Building a Community via a Recording Space" where he asks the university to create a studio and recording space for students. He maintained a 4.1 GPA through four years of high school.

Personal: Born D’Shawn Michyel Schwartz on February 15, 1999, in Abilene, Texas. He is the son of Michael and Reshana Schwartz. He would like to play basketball in the NBA or overseas after college and become a successful music producer. Schwartz enjoys making beats (music) and some of his favorite artists include Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott and Jay-Z. His lists the biggest moment of his prep career as scoring 50 points against Thornton in the first game of his senior year, 'It was an exciting moment because it was a sign of hard work paying off, along with setting the tone for the rest of the year. It was the most fun game I’ve ever played. I could not miss and I felt I could keep going all night.'”

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
From his bio:

"USA Basketball: Schwartz was one of 18 finalists for the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s U17 World Championship Team. He finished as a runner-up in the 2016 USA Basketball Men’s 3x3 U18 National Tournament and participated in the 2015 USA Men’s Junior National Team October minicamp.

Academics: Majoring in Marketing at Colorado with a minor in Music Technology. Named to the 2018-19 Pac-12 All-Academic Second Team. One of four recipients (the freshman class winner) of the Byron R. White Leadership and Initiative Award, given to those student-athletes who have exhibited outstanding initiative and demonstrates a strong commitment to service to the CU and Boulder communities. An avid musician, he worked with CU's Academic Futures Department to submit a Community White Paper called "Building a Community via a Recording Space" where he asks the university to create a studio and recording space for students. He maintained a 4.1 GPA through four years of high school.

Personal: Born D’Shawn Michyel Schwartz on February 15, 1999, in Abilene, Texas. He is the son of Michael and Reshana Schwartz. He would like to play basketball in the NBA or overseas after college and become a successful music producer. Schwartz enjoys making beats (music) and some of his favorite artists include Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott and Jay-Z. His lists the biggest moment of his prep career as scoring 50 points against Thornton in the first game of his senior year, 'It was an exciting moment because it was a sign of hard work paying off, along with setting the tone for the rest of the year. It was the most fun game I’ve ever played. I could not miss and I felt I could keep going all night.'”

Here you go.

(needed to lose the colon)

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
From his bio:

Personal: Born D’Shawn Michyel Schwartz on February 15, 1999, in Abilene, Texas. He is the son of Michael and Reshana Schwartz. He would like to play basketball in the NBA or overseas after college and become a successful music producer. Schwartz enjoys making beats (music) and some of his favorite artists include Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott and Jay-Z. His lists the biggest moment of his prep career as scoring 50 points against Thornton in the first game of his senior year, 'It was an exciting moment because it was a sign of hard work paying off, along with setting the tone for the rest of the year. It was the most fun game I’ve ever played. I could not miss and I felt I could keep all night."

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Whelp, if he does....Dallas Walton is still in the portal.

I'd take the 7 foot Senior too as part of a CU package deal.
If Oduro leaves, and Walton comes in, we will still need another big I would imagine. Walton has an extensive history of injuries. and has never averaged over 20 minutes a game. I don't think you can roll into the season with Walton and Henry as your only two true "bigs". But again, it's hard for me to see Oduro leaving, and it's clear that KE really doesn't want him to.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I would like to see Oduro back. He came on strong at the end of the year.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Given our past 4 Star recruits/transfers (Erik Copes & Julian Royal), can you really blame them?
Forgot about Royal. My comment about Copes applies to him too. How in the world did either one of them ever get 4 stars!?

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Forgot about Royal. My comment about Copes applies to him too. How in the world did either one of them ever get 4 stars!?

royal I think was a stud in high school but never panned out. I think copes always was highly regarded defensively and for rebounding. His hip injury held him back but also his attitude, obviously.