Welcome Davonte "Ticket" Gaines

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Incredible life story. Grew up in the projects in Buffalo, NY. At 14 saw his friend shot to death during a pick-up basketball game and was wounded himself.
Hoping the kid knocks it out of the park!!

OP
Patriot8

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
A Tennessee Basketball insider was on local sports talk this afternoon and said that he believes Gaines wanted to follow Des Oliver to ETSU, but that he wasnt guaranteed “starter minutes”, because ETSUs best returning player plays the same position. Fairly interesting considering the roster situation we have.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A Tennessee Basketball insider was on local sports talk this afternoon and said that he believes Gaines wanted to follow Des Oliver to ETSU, but that he wasnt guaranteed “starter minutes”, because ETSUs best returning player plays the same position. Fairly interesting considering the roster situation we have.
I would assume he wasn’t promised a starting role but if KE plans to run a 6-7 man rotation, either the sixth or seventh man is gonna see “starter minutes”. Particularly if we’re gonna go as positionless as it looks like we could be capable of.

Also, the A-10 is a league where if you can erase the opponents best guy, you’re going to win. Not a ton of teams in recent history where if you shut down their best option they’d still be favored (unless of course they were playing Fordham or something). I suspect Gaines will see a ton of minutes to shut down the Bones and Grady’s of the world. I’d gladly trade having a mediocre guy on offense like Gaines out there if he can lock down the other teams best shooter.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023