• THANK YOU DONORS!!
    I'd like to personally thank everyone that participated in our first donor drive in years! We raised over double the amount that we set as a goal. You guys are awesome! This money helps to fuel much needed upgrades around here - and also includes monthly server costs and software licenses. We are excited for the future and your donations ensure that there will be a place to talk about George Mason basketball (among other things) for seasons to come! - The Management

Welcome Cam Walker

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Welcome Cam!

6’4” wing in Class of ‘22. Looks to be a 3 Pt. shooter. Somewhat under the radar prospect w/offers from Old Dominion & W. Carolina who might be overshadowed by teammates.

Starts on a loaded Milton H.S. team ranked Top 25 among public school teams and won the Georgia State Championship earlier this year. Teammates include Kanaan Carlyle (5-Star CG & Top 15 Nat'l rank), Bruce Thornton (OH State PG Commit, Top 20 Nat'l rank), and Lebbeus Overton (#1 Nat'l ranked football recruit).

View: https://twitter.com/camwalker2022/status/1432736307101544448?s=21

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Welcome Cam!!! Competing with ODU for an underrated guy is always better than competing with Loyola and Towson for a properly rated guy. Go get Fernandez and let’s dance

Agreed- I suspect he also has other offers that he was about to get and English bounced on him first.

tblack33

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Welcome Cam! Will be interested to see what our roster construction looks like, seems to be a logjam of talent across across the 2-4 slots.

Also for those keeping track, we had one guaranteed open scholly for next year and have signed two players (which I think is a great idea given the landscape of transfers now), so someone with eligibility isn't coming back next year.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
Welcome Cam! Will be interested to see what our roster construction looks like, seems to be a logjam of talent across across the 2-4 slots.

Also for those keeping track, we had one guaranteed open scholly for next year and have signed two players (which I think is a great idea given the landscape of transfers now), so someone with eligibility isn't coming back next year.

Obviously, this commitment probably means Cooper and/or Hartwell plan on moving on after this season. With Schwartz also exhausting his eligibility, there will be a lot fewer wings on this team next year than this one (at least so far).

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
Don't see anything obvious about either of those things.

really? If they stay he has no scholarship. And I doubt KE knows for sure who if anyone would transfer out.

I suppose it could be a Relvao or Allen situation where they think something will happen and someone changes their mind and there is no scholarship for him at the end.

OP
Quentin Daniels

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
really? If they stay he has no scholarship. And I doubt KE knows for sure who if anyone would transfer out.

I suppose it could be a Relvao or Allen situation where they think something will happen and someone changes their mind and there is no scholarship for him at the end.

I'd guess more the odds of someone will transfer as that's the new norm. I'd be somewhat surprised at this point if it's Cooper. Seems like he'll be a solid contributor and why wouldn't you want to finish out your graduate degree on the University's dime.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
I'd guess more the odds of someone will transfer as that's the new norm. I'd be somewhat surprised at this point if it's Cooper. Seems like he'll be a solid contributor and why wouldn't you want to finish out your graduate degree on the University's dime.
Cooper is a fifth-year guy. I’d be surprised if he stayed in college for a sixth year instead of going to get paid, but stranger things have happened.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mason lands a commitment from 6'5" 2022 wing Cam Walker. GK landed some footage - looks like this is a guy with good size, a good stroke, and a tough defender. Might have been flying under the radar after covid jacked up the usual summer recruiting schedule:

https://giantkiller.co/2021/09/01/cam-walker-highlights/

Note that this does NOT impact the recruitment of Fernandez. Welcome Cam!

He15man

Sixth Man
Mason lands a commitment from 6'5" 2022 wing Cam Walker. GK landed some footage - looks like this is a guy with good size, a good stroke, and a tough defender. Might have been flying under the radar after covid jacked up the usual summer recruiting schedule:

https://giantkiller.co/2021/09/01/cam-walker-highlights/

Note that this does NOT impact the recruitment of Fernandez. Welcome Cam!
That's a good video. Really does a nice job showing his playing style and shooting ability. What I loved, though, was his ability to play through contact - and lots of it. While he was driving the lane on two or three instances he was getting absolutely mauled and hacked by defenders, yet still finished. His size and physicality is just the type of player you need in order to hang with P5 opponents. I'm really excited we got him to join the program!

mkaufman1

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellawade

#MasonNation Network