jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

#14 AND #34 are way too high based on their current team perfomances

KCE is #26, time will tell if this was too low of a ranking

i

26. Kim English, Tennessee assistant (31)​

Already in five seasons as an assistant, English has made stops at Tulsa, Colorado and, now, Tennessee. As a player, he scored 20 points to lead Missouri past Clemson in the 2010 round of 64, the last NCAA tournament win recorded by Mizzou. -- John Gasaway

Last edited:
OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

a bit more recent - from the beginning of this season

we will see #3 - at least once a year when Loyola- Chicago joins the A-10 next year

Kim English, George Mason​

There’s no doubt that English is a riser in the industry. A head coach in the Atlantic 10 at just 33 years old, English’s meteoric rise from NBA draft pick to budding coaching star in less than a decade is surprising only to those who’ve never spent time around him. He hasn’t coached a game at George Mason yet, but early returns are very promising: English landed top-100 wing Justyn Fernandez as the crown jewel of a talented 2022 recruiting class that should serve as the backbone for years of success in Fairfax. With a talented transfer crop in tow to surround big man Josh Oduro, success in Year 1 seems quite possible.

Drew Valentine, Loyola Chicago​

No, Valentine hasn’t coached a single game yet. But he was an essential part of leading Loyola to unprecedented success while Porter Moser was in charge, and he should take to the head chair seamlessly. He’s the youngest head coach in Division I college basketball and taking over a program with high expectations, but Valentine is cut from the same cloth as Moser in terms of his ability to create culture and is sharp when it comes to X’s and O’s. He’s also a tremendous recruiter who has helped Loyola get involved with high-end talent in future classes. It didn’t take long sitting in on practice in Rogers Park this fall for it to become clear to me that Valentine is a star in this business.

Ten more to watch:​

• Carmen Maciariello, Siena
    former asst coach at GWU under Maurice Joseph

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Griff Aldrich isn't under 40, but he might be someone worth keeping an eye on. Longwood (15 -1 in Big South) is in the Mid Major Top 25. Interesting Bio. He made a lot of money in business before getting back into coaching.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Griff Aldrich isn't under 40, but he might be someone worth keeping an eye on. Longwood (15 -1 in Big South) is in the Mid Major Top 25. Interesting Bio. He made a lot of money in business before getting back into coaching.
He played under Tony Shaver - this makes me feel really old.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
And Longwood is going dancing for the first time ever.