Tuesday in Brooklyn or bust

OP
V

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is why I’m so confused by the defeatist attitude around here — there is still a very clear path to top 4, the idea of us stealing one of those games isn’t out of the picture, and we’ve already had our bad home loss from GW out of our system. I’m here for it.
Exactly - whole point is team has to improve. We've seen improvement from Paradise Jam to the games since - now we need to see next step (hitting FT's, limiting TO's and playing a full 40 minutes with focus).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is why I’m so confused by the defeatist attitude around here — there is still a very clear path to top 4, the idea of us stealing one of those games isn’t out of the picture, and we’ve already had our bad home loss from GW out of our system. I’m here for it.
Because we all have the emotional stability of a 13 year old girl.

If we win, YEAH WE ARE TAKING THE LEAGUE
If we lose, WE SUCK f**k THESE GUYS f**k THIS PROGRAM

I agree that play has improved from Paradise Jam overall which is awesome. However, I am waiting for the next step that prevents us from turning the corner and not circling the same block. At the very least I am waiting for a road game win but the team has been very average. A lot of games left, but they are headed for that very exciting 10-8/9-9 record.

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I agree that play has improved from Paradise Jam overall which is awesome. However, I am waiting for the next step that prevents us from turning the corner and not circling the same block. At the very least I am waiting for a road game win but the team has been very average. A lot of games left, but they are headed for that very exciting 10-8/9-9 record.
Very average can very well equal top 4 in this VERY down league this year.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I think there is a difference between defeatist and realistic. I admitted I don't think we will finish in the top 4, but I also believe there is a chance we can come together at the right time to make a run in Brooklyn.

The upside and downside with the league this year is every team has shown they are vulnerable on a given night. Although I know we will lose several more games this season, I never go into a game thinking we can't win that day (including Auburn). We have only lost by double digits twice this year, and five of our losses have been by 4 points or less.

The question moving forward is can the players and coaches get better and more consistent enough to turn those close losses into wins.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Very average can very well equal top 4 in this VERY down league this year.
I want to think that too. However, I want to see Mason string a few wins together before I think that is possible. If somehow they win the next 2, and show significant progress I'll be right back on that train.

I think there is a difference between defeatist and realistic. I admitted I don't think we will finish in the top 4, but I also believe there is a chance we can come together at the right time to make a run in Brooklyn.

The upside and downside with the league this year is every team has shown they are vulnerable on a given night. Although I know we will lose several more games this season, I never go into a game thinking we can't win that day (including Auburn). We have only lost by double digits twice this year, and five of our losses have been by 4 points or less.

The question moving forward is can the players and coaches get better and more consistent enough to turn those close losses into wins.
Agreed. Its just hard to tell if we are close or not close. Totally different regimes but the last 10 years theres been a lot of close wins and losses. It has been nice at the very least to win 10/11 at home so far. Admittingly the transfer portal hasn't worked out as well as we would like but it has bridged a gap of talent that we needed to at least make an attempt to compete. Hopefully it can be more supplemental going forward versus the basis of our talent.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I know we will lose several more games this season...
I know my optimism means my opinion doesn't count, but, I know nothing of the sort. ;-)
I... never go into a game thinking we can't win that day (including Auburn).
Exactly. I go into every game believing we can win it and expecting to win it, otherwise I woldn't go to all the games I go to.

On that note, time to get to the airport to fly to Kingston, RI...

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know my optimism means my opinion doesn't count, but, I know nothing of the sort. ;-)

Exactly. I go into every game believing we can win it and expecting to win it, otherwise I woldn't go to all the games I go to.

On that note, time to get to the airport to fly to Kingston, RI...
Have a safe flight and make sure the team gets their giant Brian hugs before the game so that they feel happy

FreeGunston12

All-American

Or perhaps it's because talk of top 4 is quite premature at this point. The UR win is looking okay but our other two conference wins are against the two last place teams currently. We still haven't won a true road game. (That will change tomorrow, but it'll still be too soon to talk top 4). Let's circle back after vcu.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Duquesne down late to Fordham, the path to top 4 still pretty wide open..

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Bonnies lost on the road to Loyola, 67-55.
St. Louis won again today as well over La Salle

patriotchild

Starter
Our schedule is very favorable this year. Even though this team hasn’t shown it deserves it, the 3 and 4 spots may be on the table with Dayton looking weaker lately. The middling teams (Duquesne, Richmond, SBU, GW) are going to eat each other and maybe drag Dayton down.

If we can break the WLWLWLW at or after vcu and go into the GW rematch on a 5-0 or 4-1 streak we have a chance.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The formula is obviously problematic and not really indicative of future success, but mason still ranked 4th in a very meh- A10

psyclone

Hall of Famer
The formula is obviously problematic and not really indicative of future success, but mason still ranked 4th in a very meh- A10
Source ?? Is this the NET?

Kenpom has us 5th in overall ranking with UR at 119, Mason at 120, and the Bonnies at 165 (all at 4-3 in league games). GW is at 169 with a 4-2 record.

Kenpom projects GW, Mason, UR, and Duquesne to vie for the 4th spot, all with 10-8 conference records.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Source ?? Is this the NET?

Kenpom has us 5th in overall ranking with UR at 119, Mason at 120, and the Bonnies at 165 (all at 4-3 in league games). GW is at 169 with a 4-2 record.

Kenpom projects GW, Mason, UR, and Duquesne to vie for the 4th spot, all with 10-8 conference records.
Yeah meant to attach the link to the tweet, but it’s NET: View: https://twitter.com/westpinebills/status/1617186573639884807?s=46&t=gT7VVxQcT8-wIF5BA0jhbw

FreeGunston12

All-American
Or perhaps it's because talk of top 4 is quite premature at this point. The UR win is looking okay but our other two conference wins are against the two last place teams currently. We still haven't won a true road game. (That will change tomorrow, but it'll still be too soon to talk top 4). Let's circle back after vcu.
Circling back . . . Anyone that wants to talk top 4 is delusional. Can I call this team uninspiring now, or would that hurt @gmubrian 's feelings too much?

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1/26 update
FnZrLQ9WQAICYqF