7. Old Dominion
  8. George Mason
  9. VMI
  10. Longwood
  11. Norfolk State
  12. Radford
  13. William & Mary
  14. Hampton
State of the state: The Commonwealth is going to have some good basketball teams this season. Virginia Tech should be the dark horse of the ACC. Richmond has one of the oldest teams in the sport and could be No. 2 in the A-10, while vcu won't be too far behind. Liberty is likely going to win the ASUN again. And James Madison might be the No. 1 team in the CAA. The best program here is still Tony Bennett's Virginia Cavaliers, who aren't overly talented but still will probably have enough to be a top-four team in the ACC. Hokies vs. Hoos could be a masterful battle in contrasting styles. Bring it on.

Interesting but i dont know enough to know if this is valid.
Rationale?
Attendance? Wins? Rankings?

as a minimum - Mason ranked higher than JMU and ODU?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Virginia

1. Virginia
  2. Richmond
  3. Virginia Tech
  4. vcu
  5. Liberty
  6. James Madison
  7. Old Dominion
  8. George Mason
  9. VMI
  10. Longwood
  11. Norfolk State
  12. Radford
  13. William & Mary
  14. Hampton
State of the state: The Commonwealth is going to have some good basketball teams this season. Virginia Tech should be the dark horse of the ACC. Richmond has one of the oldest teams in the sport and could be No. 2 in the A-10, while vcu won't be too far behind. Liberty is likely going to win the ASUN again. And James Madison might be the No. 1 team in the CAA. The best program here is still Tony Bennett's Virginia Cavaliers, who aren't overly talented but still will probably have enough to be a top-four team in the ACC. Hokies vs. Hoos could be a masterful battle in contrasting styles. Bring it on.

Interesting but i dont know enough to know if this is valid.
Rationale?
Attendance? Wins? Rankings?

as a minimum - Mason ranked higher than JMU and ODU?
We will move up quickly in these rankings.
Maybe not this year, but soon.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We will move up quickly in these rankings.
Maybe not this year, but soon.
i believe the first 4 listed have been ranked in the top 25 at some point over the last 4-5 years
We get to that level and the rest will come.

He15man

Starter
Just because Liberty and JMU might win their conferences, that doesn't make them better than Mason. The ASUN and CAA pale in comparison to the A10 competition-wise, so to me it's apples and oranges. But whatever... we haven't played a game to prove anything yet. I get it. So I'll just take these rankings as misinformed opinions that I can/will laugh at heartily at a later date. :)