Season Over - 2 Key Questions?

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1) Which players return?
b) Which players transfer to another school?
c) Which players go pro? (internationally)
d) Which players go pro? (G-League)

2)Coach status
a) Paulson fired out right?
b) Paulson coaches next season without a contract extension?
c) Paulson leaves on his own?
d) Paulson gets an extension and coaches next year?

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
1) Which players return?
b) Which players transfer to another school?
c) Which players go pro? (internationally)
d) Which players go pro? (G-League)

2)Coach status
a) Paulson fired out right?
b) Paulson coaches next season without a contract extension?
c) Paulson leaves on his own?
d) Paulson gets an extension and coaches next year?

1. ALL of the current seniors need to move on. We haven't won with them and won't if they stick around.
2. If Miller and Kolek were smart they would transfer to a winning program. I would hate to see them leave but we just suck. They would be great pieces on a functional team.
3. Who cares?
4. None are worthy of consideration.

1. Yes, outright and now.
2. Sure as hell hope not. If so another year of sucking will be the end result.
3. Doesn't have the integrity to resign and do what is right.
4. If that happens my days as a fan end.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Unsatisfying season generally with the amount of games getting postponed or out-right cancelled.

Improving on last year’s a10 record was nice and the end of season winning streak was nice. Hell of a lousy way to see the team end the season though.

I’d give the season something in the C C+ range

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Paulsen is the worst kind of bad coach in that he stays near .500 perpetually. So there’s seldom a come to Jesus moment with the powers that be.

I’d prefer a Hewitt type of bad hire where it’s painfully obvious even to the casual fan that he needs to go. The DP hire is the worst hire in Mason hoops history. Yes even worse than Westhead. And Brad Edwards is responsible for that hire.

I hope he’s relegated back to the dumbass talentless post jock life he deserves after he shits the bed with our program by not getting rid of DP.

What a waste of an opportunity.

Herndon

All-Conference
Everyone stays except AJ, and Paulsen coaches next year w/o an extension.

The people in the administration are not angry message board fans.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Everyone stays except AJ, and Paulsen coaches next year w/o an extension.

The people in the administration are not angry message board fans.
You may be right about the Paulsen thing, there is a 0 percent chance AJ is the only one to leave. Outside of all of the seniors most likely not coming back, we’re probably going to have at least 2 transfers, if not more.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
This is my take on this off season.

1) they keep Paulsen on a lame duck year: program doesn't give a shit about where the team is.

2) they extend Paulsen: school is content with being a middle A10 program.

3) they fire him: we want to get better and make tournaments.

One of these three will happen and we'll know what the school wants with this team. Then everyone here can make a decision on how much they want to commit to the program.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
IMO, this is preferable to a third contract extension?

No. Because what metrics are they going to use to retain him? That unknown is scarier to me than have them say this is fine (extension) or this is not fine (fire him).

You may be right about the Paulsen thing, there is a 0 percent chance AJ is the only one to leave. Outside of all of the seniors most likely not coming back, we’re probably going to have at least 2 transfers, if not more.

I mean, law of averages and the way kids transfer these days I would say you might be right but I haven't heard of any likely candidates. Pretty close-knit group with even Greene possibly eager to return.

If anyone I would say it would be XJ and maybe Henry or Daddy, but I also wouldn't be terribly shocked if everyone returns if DP does.

If our administration brings Dave back next season without an extension, they’re not smart enough to post here. F them and anyone else who thinks it’s a good idea.

Really? This is the message board where we once convinced people the Spurs were looking at Gabe Norwood in the second round.

You could have your head run over by a cue bus driven by ACW and still be smart enough to post here.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I mean, law of averages and the way kids transfer these days I would say you might be right but I haven't heard of any likely candidates. Pretty close-knit group with even Greene possibly eager to return.

If anyone I would say it would be XJ and maybe Henry or Daddy, but I also wouldn't be terribly shocked if everyone returns if DP does.
Yeah just looking at DPs history I don’t know if we’ve ever had an off-season where at least two players didn’t transfer/otherwise not return to the team.

I think XJ, Hartwell, Dady, Frazier, Henry, Kolek are all candidates in some form or fashion to not be playing for Mason in the fall.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Seems like you are into this DP theme, "us against the world". But the big picture is, it's just a smoke screen. We still can't play vs the big boys of this conference. After 6 years that is.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Seems like you are into this DP theme, "us against the world". But the big picture is, it's just a smoke screen. We still can't play vs the big boys of this conference. After 6 years that is.
Yeah, last season someone came in and tried to tell us how tight knit the group was, and guaranteed that every single player was coming back. Then we proceeded to watch Kier, Mar, Boyd, and JDS not come back. I believe it’s a tight knit group just like I did last year, but I also don’t believe that translates to guys sticking around when we can’t win basketball games.