OT - USC and UCLA to Big 10

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Oh Boy.......
not just UCLA & USC but a potential raid on the Pac 12
Pac-12 cant exist without the LA Media Market
in the mix is a 20-24 super conference including Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Washington
unsure of where AZ, AZ State, Colorado and Utah fill in
Wash State and Oregon State will be left out

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Husak is a fomer Stanford and NFL QB
i believe his comment also extend to College Basketball

Todd Husak

@ToddHusak

Sad day for the Pac 12 conference, but inevitable with the NIL. College sports has turned into a system of teams who are going to commit to NIL and recruiting/keeping top talent and those who aren't. The 24-30 schools who can are going to use the rest as minor leagues.

View: https://twitter.com/ToddHusak/status/1542610956986904576

make no mistake, losing USC and UCLA crushes the Pac-12

they should start by adding San Diego State and Boise State to keep the conference in tact.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
1656649045525.png

make no mistake, losing USC and UCLA crushes the Pac-12

they should start by adding San Diego State and Boise State to keep the conference in tact.
Pac 12 Tv/media contract sucks
i expect the conference to implode very quickly

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Assuming that Oregon and Washington are their way out as the 2 biggest brands the Pac12 has to offer, here's my initial lipstick on a pig thought:

The BigPAC Conference

West Division:
Washington State, Oregon State, Stanford, Cal, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, BYU, Colorado

East Division
Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Cincinnati

West Virginia & UCF to the ACC, and eventually SMU replaces Cincinnati.

It would make the most sense geographically, and more importantly you have representation in the Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Salt Lake City, Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Phoenix, and Bay Area media markets.

It would be a decent football conference, but it would be a pretty strong basketball conference, mostly because of the Big 12 members.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Assuming that Oregon and Washington are their way out as the 2 biggest brands the Pac12 has to offer, here's my initial lipstick on a pig thought:

The BigPAC Conference

West Division:
Washington State, Oregon State, Stanford, Cal, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, BYU, Colorado

East Division
Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Cincinnati

West Virginia & UCF to the ACC, and eventually SMU replaces Cincinnati.

It would make the most sense geographically, and more importantly you have representation in the Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Salt Lake City, Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Phoenix, and Bay Area media markets.

It would be a decent football conference, but it would be a pretty strong basketball conference, mostly because of the Big 12 members.
what is the size of the TV/media contract and how is it split as it seems like that is all that matters

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
what is the size of the TV/media contract and how is it split as it seems like that is all that matters
All conference members would receive an equal share of the revenue, but idk how valuable that conference would be to a network. I think they are worth more together than separated, but they need to solidify now before the ACC gets picked apart.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Big XII and PAC-12 merge was the first thing that popped into my head seeing this.

The second thing is how screwed the ACC teams are with their media grant of rights going through 2036. I'm sure there's a lot of busy lawyers right now looking for ways out... especially those being retained by Clemson, Florida State, Miami, etc.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All conference members would receive an equal share of the revenue, but idk how valuable that conference would be to a network. I think they are worth more together than separated, but they need to solidify now before the ACC gets picked apart.
articles suggest that UCLA and USC werent happy with the evenly split shares - especially as they went to new conference members Colorado and Utah.
I dont know the share splits in the Big 10 ( soon to e the Big 16_

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
articles suggest that UCLA and USC werent happy with the evenly split shares - especially as they went to new conference members Colorado and Utah.
I dont know the share splits in the Big 10 ( soon to e the Big 16_

Predictions are that both USC and UCLA will double their annual revenue by joining the Big10. They think it'll be $100 million/year per institution.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Kidding, not kidding. How’s that USC Lincoln Riley Air Raid offense going to do in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, and Minnesota in December?
I think it will be just fine since, if they are playing in December, it will likely be in Florida, California, Louisiana, Arizona ... or maybe Boise.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I think it will be just fine since, if they are playing in December, it will likely be in Florida, California, Louisiana, Arizona ... or maybe Boise.
Fair point, November then.

How’s that throwing the ball all over going to work in Happy Valley or The Big House around Thanksgiving?