News Maryland transfer Nick Faust mentions Mason as possible destination

Robot

Administrator
Posted on the MasonHoops.com Blog:

"Maryland transfer Nick Faust mentions Mason as possible destination" by Chris Metsala

Nick Faust surprised many by deciding to transfer out of Maryland and then choosing Oregon State as his next team, but then was surprised himself when the Beaver’s Head Coach Craig Robinson was fired this Monday. Now, Faust is looking for a new home and rattled off a list including GMU to recruiting/basketball writer Adam Zagoria. “I guess […]

Continue reading...

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Would he really take a risk on Mason, with the chance of having Hewitt get fired before he's ever eligible to play for us?

mason2k1

Starter
If you read the article it mentions Mason was involved, but that points to when he first announced he was leaving Maryland
"Faust mentioned UCLA, George Washington, Richmond, George Mason, Siena and Cleveland State were all being considered at the time he committed to the Beavers."
If we were being considered prior to him committing, why wouldn't we still be considered...besides the fact that we'd have to be creative with a scholly?

Patriotfan49

Starter
2014-2015 will be the bounce back and Coach Hewitt will be a Mason Patriot for many years to come.
nope-octopus.gif

Pablo

Hall of Famer
2014-2015 will be the bounce back and Coach Hewitt will be a Mason Patriot for many years to come.

So, are you are now more confident about Hewitt's leadership than you were when you posted the following on Feb. 1? If so, then please explain.

"I think He will continue to positively grow Patrick, Moore and Jenkins. Either we get to the NIT or NCAA in 2015 or we need to take a hard look at his leadership."
GMURaider, Feb 1, 2014

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Normally, I would add a rant addendum to this, ........get scolded for being negative......but, BUT,..... perhaps the man will change for the better while coaching in game.:bricks::bricks::bricks:

I've heard Faust and Seth Allen were thinking about heading to the same school.

Not sure if that still remains true, but that is an interesting package for any school to consider.

GMURaider

Sixth Man
I'm doubling down on Paul Hewitt. I like the incoming class. I think a lot of our games are very winnable. This has bounce back year written all over it!
So, are you are now more confident about Hewitt's leadership than you were when you posted the following on Feb. 1? If so, then please explain.

"I think He will continue to positively grow Patrick, Moore and Jenkins. Either we get to the NIT or NCAA in 2015 or we need to take a hard look at his leadership."
GMURaider, Feb 1, 2014

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
its definetly a bounce year. back or out is the real question.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Didn't know where else to put this news: 6-5 soph. wing Terry Henderson is transferring out of WVU.

We were 1 of his finalists, if I recall correctly.

Weird timing, considering he's in line for a bunch of PT now that Eron Harris is leaving.

Perhaps he just got sick of being around Thuggins all the time.

Henderson is a big-time shooter with excellent size for the 2 spot. Either he or Andrew White would look VERY good in the green and gold ... easily good enough to encourage Hewitt to find an open scholarship if necessary.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Henderson is a big-time shooter with excellent size for the 2 spot. Either he or Andrew White would look VERY good in the green and gold ... easily good enough to encourage Hewitt to find an open scholarship if necessary.

I hope you are not suggesting the revoking of a player's scholarship just to open up a scholarship for one of these players.