Jalen Jenkins & Will Thomas

Pablo

Hall of Famer
The following stats compare Jalen Jenkins' freshman season so far (26 games) with Will Thomas' freshman season (29 games):

Minutes Per Game:
Jenkins: 22.8
Thomas: 23.0

Points Per Game:
Jenkins: 7.5
Thomas: 5.7

FG%:
Jenkins: 50.4% (66-131)
Thomas: 61.1% (69-113)

FT%:
Jenkins: 68.1% (62-91)
Thomas: 47.5% (28-59)

Rebounds Per Game:
Jenkins: 6.2
Thomas: 5.6

Assists Per Game:
Jenkins: 1.0
Thomas: 0.8

Turnovers Per Game:
Jenkins: 2.0
Thomas: 0.5

Blocked Shots Per Game:
Thomas: 0.7

Steals Per Game:
Jenkins: 0.7
Thomas: 0.6

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jenkins obviously needs to cut down on the turnovers. But he also handles the ball a lot more than Thomas ever did.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm not sure this comparison is equal. Thomas was true center. JJ is 4 with a totally different game and in a different system.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'm not implying the same skill set or role on the Patriots. But, I believe that the comparison is relevant for these 2 forwards known for their toughness, unselfishness, and maximum effort on both ends of the court.

But, if you believe that a comparison with Ryan Pearson is more relevant, then please provide one.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm not implying the same skill set or role on the Patriots. But, I believe that the comparison is relevant for these 2 forwards known for their toughness, unselfishness, and maximum effort on both ends of the court.

But, if you believe that a comparison with Ryan Pearson is more relevant, then please provide one.

I agree with you about Will Thomas and Jalen Jenkins' intangibles. I believe Ryan Pearson exhibited many of the same qualities here as well (although he was more of an outsized personality).

Here we go:

The following stats compare Jalen Jenkins' freshman season so far (26 games) with Ryan Pearson's freshman season (32 games):

Minutes Per Game:
Jenkins: 22.8
Pearson: 17.1

Points Per Game:
Jenkins: 7.5
Pearson: 7.0

FG%:
Jenkins: 50.4% (66-131)
Pearson: 48.8%

FT%:
Jenkins: 68.1% (62-91)
Pearson: 64.3%

Rebounds Per Game:
Jenkins: 6.2
Pearson: 3.6

Assists Per Game:
Pearson: 0.7

Turnovers Per Game:
Jenkins: 2.0
Pearson: 0.9

Blocked Shots Per Game:
Pearson: 0.3

Steals Per Game:
Jenkins: 0.7
Pearson: 0.6

GMURaider

Sixth Man
I'm sky high on Jenkins as a lot of you know. However, I would be happy if he gives us what Monroe, Mike Mo or Ryan gave us let alone the lofty heights of Will Thomas. Comparisons sometimes work against guys IMO bc it raises expectations.