It's Time

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
To step up and support Brion's Grille. Brion's is a local business that has been there through thick and thin for GMU. I know Brion has given GMU all the support possible over the years from feeding the team to running the Gold/Green room and donating tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars to the program. Well, it's time to give back and support Brion's Grille. When you feel comfortable head out to the patio or inside and support a local/family owned business.

I am in no way associated with Brion's, those who know me can testify to that fact. It's simply time to take care of one of our own during tough times.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Completely agree and thanks for posting.

Although I'm not sure how much we can believe you about not being associated with Brion's. That stool at the bar in the corner might say otherwise :chuckle::cigar:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is it in danger of closing?
idk if it's up to that point but Brion and staff took this COVID especially hard and could use our assistance and support right now. I got the takeout fried chicken over COVID and it was great. next time I am in Fairfax I will stop by.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Stopped by when patios opened up a couple of weeks ago, will have to come back through this weekend. Like @Patriotsince81 said, it's important for us to support the local businesses that support the team. I'd imagine that the local business sponsors donate more time/money/product to the program than any single individual on this board on a yearly basis, but most don't do it out of the goodness in their heart, and if it comes time to tighten the budget I bet that those donations would be the first to go. So go eat a burger at Brions or two or three, I've seen some of you I know you can take them down (and don't just go on half price night). Go eat at 29 Diner too, owner there supports multiple Mason sports including basketball, and numerous student orgs including ROTC.

XTSG

Preferred Walk-On
I don't ask for specifics when I'm there but its clearly been a very hard time for Brion and I look on it almost as a obligation to support his restaurant any way I possibly can.

Some of the other establishments in that same mall have never contributed a dime to Mason, whereas Brion's is...the opposite.
I feel the same way. That is one of the reasons I never patronized Oh George. I'm extremely loyal to Brion.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It's a shame all the eateries across the street from Mason don't give a dime to the school (or athletics). Whenever I am in town I always make sure to head to Brion's over Oh George since I know they continue to give to Mason athletics. I'm pretty sure at least one of the places has ties to Mason too.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It's a shame all the eateries across the street from Mason don't give a dime to the school (or athletics). Whenever I am in town I always make sure to head to Brion's over Oh George since I know they continue to give to Mason athletics. I'm pretty sure at least one of the places has ties to Mason too.
yea its the sandwich place (has changed names like 10 times it seems) that donates. I think all of Mason fans need to appreciate Brion and his employees for what they do for Mason basketball and Mason in general. As all of the other fun sports bars from my days have ceased to exist (Hardtimes, Buffalo Wing University etc) Brion's stays in business and we need to keep it that way. F Oh George and their $15 shitty apps.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
yea its the sandwich place (has changed names like 10 times it seems) that donates. I think all of Mason fans need to appreciate Brion and his employees for what they do for Mason basketball and Mason in general. As all of the other fun sports bars from my days have ceased to exist (Hardtimes, Buffalo Wing University etc) Brion's stays in business and we need to keep it that way. F Oh George and their $15 shitty apps.

Oh yeah forgot about them. Used to be Elie's Deli back when I was in school haha. But yeah, theres other places that should donate. We know Oh George doesn't but others probably can.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
FYI. Brion's is now closed on Mondays. I assume it is because one of the chefs left. I will try to find out more and will let you know.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
FYI. Brion's is now closed on Mondays. I assume it is because one of the chefs left. I will try to find out more and will let you know.

Pats81, I might come out there next week (week of the 27th) to join you for lunch. What date/time might be good for you?

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Pats81, I might come out there next week (week of the 27th) to join you for lunch. What date/time might be good for you?
They don't open until 3 now. Lunch is gone as well. I usually do HH at 3 on Fridays.

smccart5

Starter

No way when did Hard Times close? I always thought they did very well. That was pretty much the main place to go when i was in school. What is there now?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No way when did Hard Times close? I always thought they did very well. That was pretty much the main place to go when i was in school. What is there now?
Hard Times at least 1 1/2 years has been closed in Fairfax. the one in Arlington has been closed at least 4 years at this point. Arlington has THE GOAT (decent sports bar kinda clubby) and Fairfax is just opening some Brew Pub (not sure of the name).

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Has anyone tried the new wing spot in university mall? In the building where the old bank used to be.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Has anyone tried the new wing spot in university mall? In the building where the old bank used to be.
Yup, went there yesterday since Brion's was closed. According to our server they have Happy Hour from 12 - 7 daily on domestic beers ($2.50). Went there once before when Dayton was in town and I couldn't get my usual spot at Brion's due to a sea of Red around the bar and back room. Good wings and a steak and cheese. Velocity Wings is the name.

Last edited:

mason89

Starter
Hard Times at least 1 1/2 years has been closed in Fairfax. the one in Arlington has been closed at least 4 years at this point. Arlington has THE GOAT (decent sports bar kinda clubby) and Fairfax is just opening some Brew Pub (not sure of the name).

The Hard Times on King St. in Old Town (the original location) is still open, though.