News Here are the bobbleheads Mason is giving away this season

Robot

Administrator
Posted on the MasonHoops.com Blog:

"Here are the bobbleheads Mason is giving away this season" by Alan Kelly

Mason Athletics released teaser photos of two bobblehead earlier this week: founding father George Mason, and former men’s basketball player George Evans. In July, we told you that University namesake George Mason was the winner of a fan contest to pick a bobblehead giveaway for the season opener on Friday, November 14 versus Cornell. The […]

Continue reading...

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wishful thinking, but could this possibly be a hint that Mason will retire George Evan's number or start a Ring of Honor?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Weren't some our great players up on a wall of fame or something in one of the concourses?

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Having pictures on the concourse is nice and all, but I think what Patsby is talking about is doing something more substantial.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Having pictures on the concourse is nice and all, but I think what Patsby is talking about is doing something more substantial.

Hopefully, AD Brad Edwards will restart Mason's Athletics Hall of Fame. If not, perhaps Coach Hewitt or a successor will establish a Mason Men's Basketball Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
This isn't a tough concept to understand or put in place. Not sure why it hasn't already been done. Seems like an obvious thing to do. It all helps create an identity as a program.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I assume they haven't done anything because they don't know how to handle the Carlos Yates situation.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I assume they haven't done anything because they don't know how to handle the Carlos Yates situation.

It's been 25 years since Yates was the victim of an apparent drug-related murder. I believe that this is sufficient time for the AD to forgive him for any transgressions after leaving Mason and recognize his contributions to Mason athletics.