Giant Killer Updates

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
What was your impression of the PGs? Did any stand out? Think Gray will get much playing time as a freshman?
Polite wasn’t there so it was hard to gauge. I can’t say why he missed but it’s nothing serious. Mike Gray looks like a linebacker, he will play but made some mistakes today but took coaching well. Hartwell and XJ were themselves.

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
I will be hopping on our Twitter spaces to talk about practice and answer questions people have, go to our Twitter at @ByGeogeGMU and join the conversation if you want! You can chat with me, just request access to chat or type your question. See y’all at 9:15!

JPgmuswim

Starter
I will be hopping on our Twitter spaces to talk about practice and answer questions people have, go to our Twitter at @ByGeogeGMU and join the conversation if you want! You can chat with me, just request access to chat or type your question. See y’all at 9:15!
After a day to soak in yesterday’s practice I’d love to know the biggest differences you saw in the way practice was run vs. the previous staff?

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
You heard him say it himself, he is a small forward / shooting guard. Stop projecting him as the starting 4.

I don’t think positions are going to matter much, and with his size he could very well play the 4 in some lineups. I would look for coach to get creative and throw out different looks with the depth and size we have.

I think we’re about to see true positionless basketball

FreeGunston12

All-American
I don’t think positions are going to matter much, and with his size he could very well play the 4 in some lineups. I would look for coach to get creative and throw out different looks with the depth and size we have.

I think we’re about to see true positionless basketball
I'd hate to see our potentially best player, starting out of position (as self described, even in "positionless basketball" - which is really just a nice way of saying playing a small lineup). Feels like a DP move. Leave him at the "3" and let someone else stretch their role to play the "4" if needed.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'd hate to see our potentially best player, starting out of position (as self described, even in "positionless basketball" - which is really just a nice way of saying playing a small lineup). Feels like a DP move. Leave him at the "3" and let someone else stretch their role to play the "4" if needed.

Positionless basketball, as described by English, is all five players on the floor can dribble, shoot, and pass (there’s probably something else about being able to defend multiple positions). You could have a big lineup out there and have that still be true.

There aren’t a whole lot of teams in the A10 who play “big” anyway, so we should be able to get away with Schwartz at the 3 and Gaines at the 4 even though Gaines is a big lankier.

Against a team like URI, though, it might be a good idea to see if Henry or Kabimba can take some time at the 4.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Was XJ wearing compression on his shin/limping still? If so, they really screwed him up last season.

Gaines making some good plays in those clips. I hope he’ll become a scorer here.

Gray and Polite playing together?

Sounds like from your Twitter feed you're liking what you're seeing from Frazier?

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
Was XJ wearing compression on his shin/limping still? If so, they really screwed him up last season.

Gaines making some good plays in those clips. I hope he’ll become a scorer here.

Gray and Polite playing together?

Sounds like from your Twitter feed you're liking what you're seeing from Frazier?

We will be on ByGeorgeGMU’s Twitter Space doing a live Q&A at 9pm, join us and we will discuss all of the above! If you missed the last one, now’s your opportunity to join in.

It will be located at the top of your Twitter feed, click the glowing yellow icon that says ByGeorge.