Giant Killer Updates

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How many follows did you get, Petey, after the shoutouts?

Over 80 follows on twitter and still counting! I went on an Action Network pod with Stuckey last night that also has a big following so that was a small piece of it, but I bet the Kap shoutouts get me over a hundred extra through today.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thunderstruck as an opening song would be awesome. I taught at a high school that did it and the students would stomp on the bleachers to make the bass drum sounds of the opening and it got people extra hyped. Could easily have the lower student section and the pep band do that with the guitarist going off on that opening riff and the whole crowd doing the chant.

Imaging that in my head right now, I’d love to be in that crowd.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thunderstruck as an opening song would be awesome. I taught at a high school that did it and the students would stomp on the bleachers to make the bass drum sounds of the opening and it got people extra hyped. Could easily have the lower student section and the pep band do that with the guitarist going off on that opening riff and the whole crowd doing the chant.

Imaging that in my head right now, I’d love to be in that crowd.

One of my biggest pet peeves has been the team coming out to zombie nation since like 2001. Love this.

OP
By George.

By George.

Starter
Who’s still up? Late night content drop: By George Exlusive: Petey Sits Down with Brad Edwards. There’s some good nuggets in here but I’ll let you listen -

JPgmuswim

Starter
Who’s still up? Late night content drop: By George Exlusive: Petey Sits Down with Brad Edwards. There’s some good nuggets in here but I’ll let you listen -

Just finished it. Really nice work as always. Thanks

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Good stuff, thanks. First time I've ever heard a sit down with Edwards. Sounds like a real down to earth guy.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Top to bottom, everyone in the AD is saying literally all the right things right now. Looking forward to watching them execute on all these things over the next few years, this just feels different than the last few times. Honestly, even if it is just talk at this point this is miles ahead of where we were in the past -- the fact that they are even just saying the stuff they are saying shows that they are listening. For all you long time fans out there -- did it always feel like the AD has listened to you in the past? Because for me personally -- it feels like they are listening now.

Great sit down, enjoyed listening to it.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Top to bottom, everyone in the AD is saying literally all the right things right now. Looking forward to watching them execute on all these things over the next few years, this just feels different than the last few times. Honestly, even if it is just talk at this point this is miles ahead of where we were in the past -- the fact that they are even just saying the stuff they are saying shows that they are listening. For all you long time fans out there -- did it always feel like the AD has listened to you in the past? Because for me personally -- it feels like they are listening now.

I had several chats with TOC. Very arrogant. Every suggestion I made about a change, he had a ready-made answer. His attitude was like "why are you even bothering me?" This is so refreshing.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

For the most part I didn't start talking to AD folks until Brad's regime, but the few conversations I had previous were always good. I haven't spoken to Brad all that much, only at Media Day 2019, and it was mostly about non sports stuff and he sorta just talked. I think I might have even zoned out at parts but regardless.

I also think now that we have a president who likes basketball a lot, the folks in the AD can really use that to their advantage. Mason is still going to be Mason with athletics to a degree, but I don't think there is going to need to be as much selling or convincing from them to others..