Game 27: GMU (14-12 / 6-7) at GW (12-13 / 6-6) on Wednesday, February 15, at 7:00 PM.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hoping our guys have a bad taste in their mouth from the game at GW last season and give the Monikers 40 minutes of hell, no let up, no quarter.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I know it is last minute, but this is such a hot ticket, I figured someone might be interested.

I have an extra ticket for the bus trip and game available to the first person that requests it.

As an added bonus, it comes, optionally, with the patented gmubrian "hug experience" that is usually reserved for our players. ;-)

If you are interested, DM me.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
From GW:

A LOOK AT THE PATRIOTS
George Mason sits just a half-game behind the Colonials in the A-10 standings at 6-7 following a 75-67 victory over Rhode Island at home on Saturday. The Patriots had dropped four of five prior to their victory over the Rams and visit Smith Center on Wednesday with a 1-10 mark away from home this season.

Josh Oduro is the main weapon for the Patriots, averaging 15.3 ppg and 8.2 rpg. GW held him scoreless in the first half in the first meeting between the teams, but he erupted in the second half to finish with 17 points and nine rebounds. Ronald Polite III was Mason's top scorer in the first meeting with 19 points, seven rebounds and four assists. On the year, Polite averages 10.6 ppg.

The Patriots have struggled offensively against league foes, ranking 14th in the conference with an adjusted offensive efficiency of 0.993 points per possession in A-10 play.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If you are out of state and can bet on VA teams - line is even, put it all on GW
Given that this is a road game for us at a venue in which we have one win in 17 games, that line makes absolutely no sense. On paper, they should be favored by as many as 5 points. I'm not saying we will win, but I do know that every sucker bettor in the country is going to be drawn to GW with that spread.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Given that this is a road game for us at a venue in which we have one win in 17 games, that line makes absolutely no sense. On paper, they should be favored by as many as 5 points. I'm not saying we will win, but I do know that every sucker bettor in the country is going to be drawn to GW with that spread.
Vegas doesn’t mess up very often but they did here. If I had time to go place a bet in DC/Maryland before tip, I’d put every penny to my name on GW as a pick ‘em. Easy money.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
We are wearing our black uniforms tonight. Do what you will with that information.
Star Wars Doom GIF

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I gotta a feeling we win this one. Take Mason.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We know how this game will play out strategically. GW will double or triple Oduro every time he catches the ball in the paint. They will apply pressure to Cooper and Polite in the half court whenever they get the chance (and probably full court to end each half).

I’m the other side, Bishop and Adams will drive on our guards all day long and cause havoc to our defense.

Three things that Mason can control to put themselves in position to win this one:

1) they have got to do a better job of help defense and filling the paint and getting out on shooters than they did the first time around.

2) If Ticket is on like he was again URI, doubling Oduro will become a pick your poison strategy.

3) Polite cannot be casual with possessions, especially at the end of the game.

Black uniforms, though? We have no hope.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We know how this game will play out strategically. GW will double or triple Oduro every time he catches the ball in the paint. They will apply pressure to Cooper and Polite in the half court whenever they get the chance (and probably full court to end each half).

I’m the other side, Bishop and Adams will drive on our guards all day long and cause havoc to our defense.

Three things that Mason can control to put themselves in position to win this one:

1) they have got to do a better job of help defense and filling the paint and getting out on shooters than they did the first time around.

2) If Ticket is on like he was again URI, doubling Oduro will become a pick your poison strategy.

3) Polite cannot be casual with possessions, especially at the end of the game.

Black uniforms, though? We have no hope.
The one reason I could be convinced we have a chance to win is Ticket is back. Based on what happened the first game, we should see a lot of Ticket and Saquan on Bishop and Adams … keep those two from going berserk and GW really doesn’t have much of a Plan B.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I know it is last minute, but this is such a hot ticket, I figured someone might be interested.

I have an extra ticket for the bus trip and game available to the first person that requests it.

As an added bonus, it comes, optionally, with the patented gmubrian "hug experience" that is usually reserved for our players. ;-)

If you are interested, DM me.
Based on the responses to my post, our fanbase is in a depressed state...

I have had multiple DMs requesting hugs but nobody wants to go to the game.

I, of course, made up the part about the hugs...