Game 25: University of Massachusetts, Wednesday, February 13th, 7 PM, ESPN+

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Pipkins is out, per Matt McCall. Which means some walk-on is probably gonna go 6-8 from deep against us.

They did beat Davidson in their last game without Pipkins. Pierre went 5-7 from 3, but no one else did much from 3 (3-14 from rest of team). They did well on the offensive boards with 13 vs Davidson's 5.

By the way, UMass killed us on the offensive boards in our game earlier this season (16-6) with half of the 16 garnered by Holloway (who only played 5 minutes against Davidson). For the year in conference games, UMass is first in offensive rebound %, while Mason's defense against offensive rebound % is second in the conference.

The UMass game with Davidsowas very slow tempo (54 on Kenpom). For the year, UMass plays on average at a 66.9 rate. Not quite sure of the fine points of this scale, but it's not too surprising that UMass with a very quick pg (Pipkins) would play at a faster rate with him than without him.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
They did beat Davidson in their last game without Pipkins. Pierre went 5-7 from 3, but no one else did much from 3 (3-14 from rest of team). They did well on the offensive boards with 13 vs Davidson's 5.

By the way, UMass killed us on the offensive boards in our game earlier this season (16-6) with half of the 16 garnered by Holloway (who only played 5 minutes against Davidson). For the year in conference games, UMass is first in offensive rebound %, while Mason's defense against offensive rebound % is second in the conference.

The UMass game with Davidsowas very slow tempo (54 on Kenpom). For the year, UMass plays on average at a 66.9 rate. Not quite sure of the fine points of this scale, but it's not too surprising that UMass with a very quick pg (Pipkins) would play at a faster rate with him than without him.
They scored like 55 points. I'll take that every time. They just happened to catch Davidson on a bad offensive day. Not saying they aren't dangerous, but it isn't like losing Pipkins was addition by subtraction. The offense clearly suffered.

By George.

Starter
Gameday podcast up - UmASS

https://giantkiller.co/ByGeorge/2019/02/13/umass/

Agenda -
1. Last Week Recap
2. Show Me My Opponent
3. Give Me The Greene Light
4. Unpopular Opinions

I have no idea why you wouldn’t listen to our pregame/postgame shows. Even if you hate us, listening to a couple fools talk Mason hoops has to be better than listening to your wives, classic rock or the same BS local sports talk.

Little fun fact I got from Greene (light) after the La Salle game - he said, towards the end of last season DP had a one on one with him in which he basicallly told Greene (light) he had to get more serious. I think the effort improvement is pretty obvious, he’s now working out privately with coaches 2 times before every game. He has to be the fan favorite at this point, right?

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Recognize that Reuter cannot score on this defense and adjust the plan

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We are down 7 and have left more than 7 at the free throw line. This is something I cannot understand. We were very good from the line. That is not affected by defenses or any other outside force. I understand fatigue affects FT shooting quite a bit but this has been quite the turnaround.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Now for what I love... AJ reacting to forcing a travel in a double team with Otis was the same as a huge dunk or 3. Getting excited about defense the same way as you do about flashy offense is a great sign