Game 23: GMU (12-10 / 4-5) vs UMass (13-8 / 4-5) on Wednesday, February 1, at 7:00 PM.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We lose bc Martin will scare our guys.
Ha! For years one of the most intense "intense faces" in all of college hoops.
frank martin.jpg

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
TBH, I just want to see a lot of Dinkins and Fernandez in the lineup at this point. This season is going nowhere fast so let them get some of the growing pains out of the way and set them up to have a big summer.
Lawdog - I get the sentiment, and if we lose the next few by a wide margin, and it looks like the guys have thrown in the towel then I'm in your camp, but Coop is shaking off his slump and Bailey is still hitting at close to 50% from beyond the arc. Ticket about to return, etc.

Potential recruirts want to see that KE is making progress (based on wins and losses) and I think many of us would agree that giving freshmen major minutes going forward does compromise our ability to win games. Dinkins is not a better PG than Polite at this point. JF is not better than VBJ.

Let's see how things shake out over the next 3-4 games. I think we're going to surprise as we close out the A10 schedule.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Lawdog - I get the sentiment, and if we lose the next few by a wide margin, and it looks like the guys have thrown in the towel then I'm in your camp, but Coop is shaking off his slump and Bailey is still hitting at close to 50% from beyond the arc. Ticket about to return, etc.

Potential recruirts want to see that KE is making progress (based on wins and losses) and I think many of us would agree that giving freshmen major minutes going forward does compromise our ability to win games. Dinkins is not a better PG than Polite at this point. JF is not better than VBJ.

Let's see how things shake out over the next 3-4 games. I think we're going to surprise as we close out the A10 schedule.
Cooper is shaking off his slump? He’s been wildly inconsistent and inefficient all season, someone who is shaking off their slump doesn’t toss up a big ‘ol nothing burger just 2 games ago. There is zero reason JF shouldn’t be eating into his minutes more at this point.

It’s remarkable to think that by playing guys like JF and Dink 10ish more minutes per game it would somehow completely sabotage the season. We’re talking about an incredibly mediocre team that plays s*** basketball more often than not.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Cooper is shaking off his slump? He’s been wildly inconsistent and inefficient all season, someone who is shaking off their slump doesn’t toss up a big ‘ol nothing burger just 2 games ago. There is zero reason JF shouldn’t be eating into his minutes more at this point.

It’s remarkable to think that by playing guys like JF and Dink 10ish more minutes per game it would somehow completely sabotage the season. We’re talking about an incredibly mediocre team that plays s*** basketball more often than not.
Gotta agree. Us getting hot and winning the tourney, while not impossible is very far fetched. This team has shown nothing this year that would give anybody *reasonable* hope. And that is not loser s---, it's fact.
I agree that recruits want to see wins and losses, but they also want to see a young coach building a team with young guys that will get playing time.
Start preparing for next year now.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Gotta agree. Us getting hot and winning the tourney, while not impossible is very far fetched. This team has shown nothing this year that would give anybody *reasonable* hope. And that is not loser s---, it's fact.
I agree that recruits want to see wins and losses, but they also want to see a young coach building a team with young guys that will get playing time.
Start preparing for next year now.
Shown nothing? We had SLU dead to rights on their court. We outplayed a Bona team that won at vcu for much of the game on their court. And we were right there against GW in the final 2 minutes. Those are by record currently 3 of the top 6 teams in our league.

Again, not excusing the late chokes. Gotta be better at closing out games, duh. But let’s stop pretending this is a last-place team already playing out the string, that absolutely is loser shit.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
......Lawdog running to the FD app immediately to take the points. Until this team shows me it can play any sort of consistent defense I'm banking on a coin flip win/loss scenario.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Shown nothing? We had SLU dead to rights on their court. We outplayed a Bona team that won at vcu for much of the game on their court. And we were right there against GW in the final 2 minutes. Those are by record currently 3 of the top 6 teams in our league.

Again, not excusing the late chokes. Gotta be better at closing out games, duh. But let’s stop pretending this is a last-place team already playing out the string, that absolutely is loser shit.
No. We lost the games.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Huge game today. Must win
Kind of game you would expect an experienced team to come out hungry for redemption, start to finish and to play a full 40 minute game...

But does anyone expect that to happen?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Where this shows up is on the defensive end....Locking people down and forcing teams to go say 8 or 10 trips without scoring. That's where being "pissed" shows up.
They played that way against SLU — physical, aggressive, bumping cutters, boxing out hard … until the last 2 minutes I thought it was one of better defensive games Mason has played since L left. If they had played the same way against GW and Saint Joe’s we win both by at least 10.