Game 21: GMU at Richmond on Monday, February 7 at 7PM. Game 22: GMU (11-10 / 4-4) vs Richmond (16-8 / 7-4) on Wednesday, February 9 at 7PM.

Yossarian

Sixth Man
From the looks of the calls, I’d say the ref with the whitewalls haircut collected about $5k from the mid-majors bookies.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Didn’t get to watch the game but I’ll take any win no matter how hard, especially when Gaines goes 1-10 from the field.

Should also add: and when Gustavson, Sherod, and Grace are a combined 7-8 from three!

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
15 points on 6/11shooting, 9 assists to 2 turnovers, and a steal.

If that’s disheartening, I’ll take disheartening every game.
XJ played a great game. Put the team on his back for most of the night and hit a couple of clutch free throws, but there's no denying he made a couple of mistakes late in the game, including taking a wild layup at the 2 min mark.

But after that win all I want to do is celebrate a hard fought game. Schwartz was TREMENDOUS, as was Oduro. Took care of the ball and overcame lots of questionable calls and missed layups.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hurray. Schwartz has been huge. I can’t remember the last time mason had a guy who just plays at such a high level like that and is such a deep threat. Overall good team effort and glad they got the split.

Big one coming up Saturday. Time to win by 40 against the fingerpaint school of Richmond

(No I do not think mason will win by 40 for the vcu fans that read this)

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Nice bounce back for X....Wild ending yet again...We need to learn to stomp on throats and keep our foot there.

beau75

Four-star Recruit
Is Henry hurt? Looks like he did not play at all and thought he has playing better the last few games.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Went in last .07 to defend.....an area.???? Maybe the inbounder?? No I think it was an area...weird.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
XJ was big tonight... we needed that.

Gaines had a tough game.... he will be alright. It happens.

Schwartz is a gamer..... love his tenacity along with Coop.

Oduro not going at their 2nd forward that much was head scratching.... majority of the time he would post him up and just pass out. Josh needs to have that killer dog mentality that he is the best player on the court and just go after whoever is guarding him...especially 2nd stringers.

Henry is not hurt... he was put in on the last possession since we needed height.

Buchanan is just balling out..... solid D from that guy and doesn't make mistakes. He will continue to get mins moving forward.

I know he is young but KE really needs to control his emotions on the sideline.... multiple times he ran down the bench so pissed off and reeling at the calls. Yes.... they were bad put you HAVE to have composure in games.

That one ref with the black hair was straight awful. Fans in my section let him hear it when he came off the court... it was glorious.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Great win tonight in spite of the worst officiating I have seen in decades. Mason wins despite 8 on 5.
This just in... Tonight, Grant Golden became the first player in NCAA history to commit five fouls in a single possession and foul out of a game! If only...:lookingdown:

Geeee-God those refs were AWFUL!