Game 21: GMU (12-8 / 4-3) at vcu (15-5 / 6-1) on Wednesday, January 25, at 7:00 PM.

hoops10

Sixth Man
Unless the incoming freshman can lite it up, I am not sure we can improve on this year's record. After all. No Oduro, Cooper, Bailey, Gaines are gone. Down right scary for next year. Also, I know Fernandez is a freshman, but I see no effort on the defensive side. One rebound yesterday in 19 minutes. He tends to stay outside on offense looking for 3s. No crashing the boards. Hopefully these coaches can bring him along.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Unless the incoming freshman can lite it up, I am not sure we can improve on this year's record. After all. No Oduro, Cooper, Bailey, Gaines are gone. Down right scary for next year. Also, I know Fernandez is a freshman, but I see no effort on the defensive side. One rebound yesterday in 19 minutes. He tends to stay outside on offense looking for 3s. No crashing the boards. Hopefully these coaches can bring him along.
Maybe KE promotes shooting too much. Should instead have defense become his new mantra. Defense got us a Final Four. Multiple Ncaa tourney trips. No need to reinvent this wheel.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe KE promotes shooting too much. Should instead have defense become his new mantra. Defense got us a Final Four. Multiple Ncaa tourney trips. No need to reinvent this wheel.
I actually think KE talks about defense a ton. There’s a lot of videos of him talking about using all the energy for defense.

Now whether that’s schemed or executed correctly is another story.

We will finish .500ish in the conf
We'll go one and out in the tournament - (unless we get Fordham, then we won't even get the one)
We will spend our offseason looking for Oduro's replacement - and won't find him
We will play next season with a bunch of great athletes who can't shoot, rebound, or defend
We will begin talking about KE's replacement while lamenting that we'll never have another Larranaga
We will continue to buy tix and show up - Why? cuz we are homers and just love the Gold Room (when Mason screws up the Gold Room, I'm out)

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We will continue to buy tix and show up - Why? cuz we are homers and just love the Gold Room (when Mason screws up the Gold Room, I'm out)
Ha.... they screwed that up years ago. Just one crowded pit of people slobbering and drooling all over everyone. 99% sure this is how I got Covid last year.... too many close talkers coming up and hooting and hollering right up in my face. Same deal every game, just gotten used to it.

1. Need 2 bars locations. Use that soda bar as another location for Beer and Wine. That whole back corner section doesn't need to be that big for Sodas.... come on. And you don't need 4 staff members back there working that soda bar. Get them over to the bar and pouring beers.
2. Better Beers. Rotate some options in there at least. So many local breweries that would love to get up in there.
3. Need better food options. Get some local spots up in there.... get some Thai, Korean, Chinese places up in the mix. Tired of the same bland pasta options and lame, gross-a** gummy wings from (insert chain bar/restaurant).
4. Do something about the food lines, its been awful the past 4-5 years. Have competent and speedy people serving the people or already make up plates and hand them out to people in line once they approach. Half the time causing these waits is it is some college kid just starring at you after you request something or too afraid to pick up the food properly and putting it on a plate or puts too less on your plate.... fill that plate up homegirl. Shiiiit.
5. Open up the deck for all games. When its cold..... cover the deck area with a huge white tent and put heat lamps up in there. The deck is huge and one, or two, of those big white tents will help disperse people altogether and give another standing/seating options out there. You have to utilize all the space that's given to you... yet they never hardly use the deck.

Ugh... I can talk all day about how to make this great again. End of rant. Gracias

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ha.... they screwed that up years ago. Just one crowded pit of people slobbering and drooling all over everyone. 99% sure this is how I got Covid last year.... too many close talkers coming up and hooting and hollering right up in my face. Same deal every game, just gotten used to it.

1. Need 2 bars locations. Use that soda bar as another location for Beer and Wine. That whole back corner section doesn't need to be that big for Sodas.... come on. And you don't need 4 staff members back there working that soda bar. Get them over to the bar and pouring beers.
2. Better Beers. Rotate some options in there at least. So many local breweries that would love to get up in there.
3. Need better food options. Get some local spots up in there.... get some Thai, Korean, Chinese places up in the mix. Tired of the same bland pasta options and lame, gross-a** gummy wings from (insert chain bar/restaurant).
4. Do something about the food lines, its been awful the past 4-5 years. Have competent and speedy people serving the people or already make up plates and hand them out to people in line once they approach. Half the time causing these waits is it is some college kid just starring at you after you request something or too afraid to pick up the food properly and putting it on a plate or puts too less on your plate.... fill that plate up homegirl. Shiiiit.
5. Open up the deck for all games. When its cold..... cover the deck area with a huge white tent and put heat lamps up in there. The deck is huge and one, or two, of those big white tents will help disperse people altogether and give another standing/seating options out there. You have to utilize all the space that's given to you... yet they never hardly use the deck.

Ugh... I can talk all day about how to make this great again. End of rant. Gracias
The last point is the key one. Get a tent and heaters out there, and move all of the bars and food service out to the patio. Opens up the gold room for more table space and socializing (face slobbering) while creating a flow that makes sense and doesn’t put a line of 200 of our dumbest fans staring blankly at their phones while an assistant tries to talk about the team and game.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No disagreement that we need bigger and better space. The ideas are good and probably should be directed at the Patriot Club. I am obviously not around so much but the same complaints of too crowded are so obvious. I'd like them to make use of the terrace as well but I am not sure if that has to be open for some sort of fire code reason or its just laziness.

I know I always try to get in early get my food and then usually dash out because I dont' feel like being elbow to elbow with people. I suspect Homecoming will be like that.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Okay, this is gonna sound like my usual self ;), but in the old gym with fold down risers on Ring Rd. that was only about a third of a ring, we had NO refreshments. Popcorn, soda, nada.
So quityourbellyachin'!

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That “slumping Cooper” had 20 points the previous game against Rhody. He had a terrible game last night and is too inconsistent for my taste, but some of you people are just weird.
One game does not a slump make. Conversely, one good game may not be the end of a slump. A slump occurs over multiple games.

Cooper's shooting in A10 play
UR = 2 - 8 (25%)
St. B = 3 - 9 (33.3%)
Loy Chi = 4 - 12 (33.3%)
St. L = 2 - 9 (22.2%)
Dav = 4 - 9 (44.4%)
GW = 2 - 7 (28.5%)
URI = 6 - 9 (66.6%)
vcu = 0 -7 (0%)

Cooper is shooting is 32.9% overall in A10 play.
Cooper shot 40.9% in OOC play.

Take out the URI game and Cooper is shooting 27.9%!

That's a slump. Not just inconsistency. Inconsistency may be what leads one into or out of a slump (let's hope it's the latter). It's not difficult to see. But, some people who aren't weird just don't understand statistics and how to spot a trend.

Last edited: