Game 21: George Washington University, Sunday, January 31st, Noon, NBCSN

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As Tom pointed out, if we can keep from digging an early hole, we can be competitive.

The trend this year so far:

1. Get in a 15-20 point hole by the 10 minute mark.
2. Actually play decently well to get to within 5-8 by half
3. Start out the second half trading baskets and then eventually succomb to a 10-12 point run that we never recover from.

Last edited:

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We lose by 25 in front of an "advertised" crowd of 4500, 3500 from GW. Mason fans will blame the poor Mason attendance on the 50 degree weather and 12:00 Sunday game time. Yes, I am down on the fanbase, especially those that preach but don't show up for the games. Anyone else noticing the "Advertised (published) attendance" versus the actual attendance? 2646 for Duquense? You have got to be kidding me.

Not down on my boys who do give maximum effort each time out, just short on experience and talent. I will be cheering my a$$ off. Just the state we are in.

Harry

Starter
If Shevon is healthy, he may be able to get Larsen in foul trouble. It seems like Larson has killed us in previous games. As always, if Abrams, Grayer, and the Second are making their threes, we can compete with just about anyone. I expect Marquise and Marko to have their usual steady games. I also expect Royal to get less playing time than Rudy.

liem.le.3388

Starter
We lose by 25 in front of an "advertised" crowd of 4500, 3500 from GW. Mason fans will blame the poor Mason attendance on the 50 degree weather and 12:00 Sunday game time. Yes, I am down on the fanbase, especially those that preach but don't show up for the games. Anyone else noticing the "Advertised (published) attendance" versus the actual attendance? 2646 for Duquense? You have got to be kidding me.

Not down on my boys who do give maximum effort each time out, just short on experience and talent. I will be cheering my a$$ off. Just the state we are in.
I'm not defending our sh*t poor attendance numbers but the Duquesne game was at the RAC at the start of a blizzard. Having said that our student body still sucks and our attendance sucks.

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I was on a flight with Larson coming back from Copenhagen this past summer. He is tall and apparently Danish! That's all I got.

GW more
Us less

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I attend almost every game. But I cannot blame the weak attendance on anyone except Tom O'douchebag and his protege Paul the Stupid Hewitt.

What has this program honestly done in the last 5 years to warrant excitement or attention from the fan base or even the students?

Us here on the boards are excited about Paulsen because of where we are headed, not because of where we are right now.

If we were perennial contenders in the A10 and we still have crap attendance, only then will criticism of weak attendance be valid in my opinion. We've never experienced a winning team since we joined the A10. Win and everything else will come especially with an AD and a president who knows what they're doing at the helm.

Snowflake Slayer of Seals

Four-star Recruit
HEY EVERYONE!!!

NO NEED COMPLANE ABOUT LOW ATTENDANCE THIS SUNDAY! SPREAD WORD **snowflake!** BEAR make his return SUnday to GeorgeMaysun!

I scheduled to perform and dance with students early in day before globile warming summit at Popeyes at Annundale later in day. Please tell all family Mason place to be this weekend!!

Mike Mo gonna smoke those fools from Geedubayu!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I attend almost every game. But I cannot blame the weak attendance on anyone except Tom O'douchebag and his protege Paul the Stupid Hewitt.

What has this program honestly done in the last 5 years to warrant excitement or attention from the fan base or even the students?

Us here on the boards are excited about Paulsen because of where we are headed, not because of where we are right now.

If we were perennial contenders in the A10 and we still have crap attendance, only then will criticism of weak attendance be valid in my opinion. We've never experienced a winning team since we joined the A10. Win and everything else will come especially with an AD and a president who knows what they're doing at the helm.

We've never had good attendance. I think we peaked at something like 6,800 per game in the season just following the Final Four. Hell, our last really good team, 2010-2011, we had 5,800 per game. I mean, if we couldn't sell a team that won 27 games, went 16-2 in conference, and had Ryan Pearson, Mike Morrison, Cam Long, and Luke Hancock on it, how are they supposed to be able to sell this team? No disrespect intended to our guys who play hard every night.