Game 20: GMU (11-8 / 7-6) vs LaSalle (9-14 / 6-10) on Saturday, February 27, at 4:30PM.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is the most fun I've had watching a Mason basketball game in years. Were those McCray first career points? Must feel so good after missing those two free throws.
Was literally just saying this. We’ve thought this level of talent was here, great to see it all come together.

I imagine this is what practice looks like.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I believe AJ had 3 blocks today, which would put him 3 short of tying the record. Pablo? Stats people? Help.

Edit: looking at ESPN's boxscore and it says 2. But they definitely missed one he had on a Kimbrough dunk attempt at the start of the second half.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The vcu win aside, this was Dave’s most impressive win of the year. It’s also emblematic of why so many of have been frustrated this year. In his defense, Covid has disrupted our season with so many cancellations and stoppages, but there have still been so many uneven performances by our players as well as some questionable game plans and rotations (even in wins).

We did luck out with a few cancellations against the better teams, but I’ll happily take 6th place if that’s where we end up. If he does return, I hope we see more of what we saw in the last four games.

Now let’s go win this damn A10 Tournament!

Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
So either mason is hitting their rhythm at the perfect time or this is fools gold.

vcu looks broken and Fordham, GW and La Salle suck. But on the contrary Mason has the third most wins in the conference this season.

Excited to see what happens in the conference tourney.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I believe AJ had 3 blocks today, which would put him 3 short of tying the record. Pablo? Stats people? Help.

Edit: looking at ESPN's boxscore and it says 2. But they definitely missed one he had on a Kimbrough dunk attempt at the start of the second half.

4 more blocks to tie the record, 5 to break it.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So either mason is hitting their rhythm at the perfect time or this is fools gold.

vcu looks broken and Fordham, GW and La Salle suck. But on the contrary Mason has the third most wins in the conference this season.

Excited to see what happens in the conference tourney.

Could be a little of both. Last four games were Fordham, vcu, GW, and La Salle. You'd expect Mason to win 3 of those 4. But also, confidence can do wonders for a team, and a four game winning streak going into the conference tournament is never a bad thing, regardless of who you beat.

We will see what happens when they have to play an opponent who is better than the basement (UMass, Duquesne, URI, Dayton, etc.).

Pablo

Hall of Famer

AJ had 4 blocked shots today, and is now 2 shy of George Evans' career record of 211.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It just hit me, this team hit my stated beginning of the season expectation of fewer than 10 losses. I don’t know how to feel about that.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Since it’s senior night give me your way to early starting 5 next season.

1. Frazier?
2. Kolek
3. Miller
4. Henry
5. Oduro

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I may have miscalculated, but unless Richmond and SLU are upset in their last games (they are 15 and 9 pt favorites), we're headed for a #7 finish. Which may be unfortunate as #7 plays #10 who will be URI, a bad match up having beaten by us by 20. However, that was on their home court and 6 weeks ago They've lost 6 out of 7, only beating Dayton in double-overtime in a Ram home game.

If one or both of those teams do lose, we'll play one of the winners of the play-in game. Could be LaSalle again. How hard would it be to beat them a third time after 2 30+ blowouts?!

Speaking of which, have we ever won 3 conference games by over 30 pts in one season?