Game 20: GMU (11-8 / 7-6) vs LaSalle (9-14 / 6-10) on Saturday, February 27, at 4:30PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
LaSalle is currently 9 - 14 on the season and 6 - 10 in A10 play.

We beat LaSalle the first time we played this season 75 - 42. The Explorers shot just
18 - 69 from the floor and 3 - 23 from 3. It was a bricklayers convention to say the least.
Box Score: https://goexplorers.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2020-21/george-mason/boxscore/9636

History: Including tournament play DP is 4-2 against the Explorers.

Wins: Lincoln PA, Drexel, Deleware, Dayton, Fordham, St. Joe’s, Richmond, St. Louis, Duquesne
Losses: St. John’s, St. Peter’s, Army, UMass (x2), Maryland, GMU, Davidson, Rhode Island, vcu, Fordham, St. Bonaventure, St. Louis, St. Joe’s

Schedule: https://goexplorers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://goexplorers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://goexplorers.com/documents/2021/2/24/20_21_La_Salle_Season_Stats_23.pdf

LaSalle has ten players who average between 4.0 and 10.3 points per game. Their starting lineup has been a revolving door all season with 9 guys who have started at least 4 games and no one who has started all 23. Ten guys have averaged double digit minutes in the games they have played in.

LaSalle averages 68.8 points per game while giving up 72.9. The Explorers shoot 43.9% from the floor and 34.6% from 3. Opponents are shooting 45.3% from the field and 31.9% from 3. The Explorers shoot 68.7% from the free throw line. They have been out rebounded by 2.7 boards per game and commit 14.5 turnovers per contest.

The game is on NBCSN.

My prediction: We absolutely destroyed them first time out. They have surprising wins against Richmond and St. Louis since then but also have bad losses against the likes of Fordham. They crushed Duquesne last night by 20. If they have a hot night shooting they can beat us. So, who the hell knows? Mason by 5 in a game much closer than the one in January.

Discuss.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We would need a lot of breaks to grab a top-4 spot and a double bye for the A-10 tournament even with a win, but this is a spot DP has come up short in on multiple occasions.

It will be interesting to see if he can get the guys ready to play a game we should win — going into the tournament as the 5 or 6 seed on a 4-game winning streak is much better than I expected a couple weeks ago.

Dare we keep hope alive? Has this team turned a corner, IRR regardless of the program in general?

Is a trip to the streets of Philadelphia warranted? Was it fair back in college when I buzzcut my hair that my friends nicknamed me "Philadelphia" cause they said I looked like I had AIDS?

f**king all aces for Jollay so far this week. Showed up hammered at 6am for work this morning...said I wasn't even on the schedule Thursday and Friday!!!

Aces baby. Time for me to stalk north Phily

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We would need a lot of breaks to grab a top-4 spot and a double bye for the A-10 tournament even with a win, but this is a spot DP has come up short in on multiple occasions.

It will be interesting to see if he can get the guys ready to play a game we should win — going into the tournament as the 5 or 6 seed on a 4-game winning streak is much better than I expected a couple weeks ago.

I'll be that guy... what do we need to have fall our way in order to get such an elusive 4 seed? Mason win and Davidson loss to vcu... but what else?

We all know that DP would need to pull a claven... but was just wondering since you mentioned it. You know we will find someway to get it... and then get booted by a lower seed in the A10 tourney by 20

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'll be that guy... what do we need to have fall our way in order to get such an elusive 4 seed? Mason win and Davidson loss to vcu... but what else?

We all know that DP would need to pull a claven... but was just wondering since you mentioned it. You know we will find someway to get it... and then get booted by a lower seed in the A10 tourney by 20

Richmond needs to lose both games
Davidson needs to lose to vcu
SLU needs to beat Richmond, but lose to UMass
And Mason needs to beat LaSalle

In that scenario UMass is the 3 and Mason is the 4.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

If UMass and Mason finish 3rd & 4th, respectively, the NFL will be envious of the conference parity.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yea had me confused, this one is at Mason not at LaSalle.

Goodguys 66
Ghetto Philly School 59

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Halfway there lol... Richmond loses to St. Louis tonight

KAOriginal

All-American

This COVID season is like we're in a hotel bar at 2am and the one and only reasonably attractive girl left is drunk and pissed at her boyfriend...and you are the only guy around that still has all your teeth and hair and not wearing a track suit. You got a shot if you play your cards right......

By god the stars aligned for us!

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Shame that those 3 have to go out like this during COVID, but I respect all that all 3 of them have given to the program. AJ and Javon will both have left their mark on the record books at Mason, very impressive.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Shame that those 3 have to go out like this during COVID, but I respect all that all 3 of them have given to the program. AJ and Javon will both have left their mark on the record books at Mason, very impressive.

Well said, tblack. I hope Greg gets the start today he deserves, because he was always a great teammate. Even when his playing time diminished, he was always cheering on the sideline and one of the first off the bench during a timeout to encourage others. I also hope all three get to extend their careers oversees before being successful in whatever professions they ultimately pursue.

Last edited:
Well said, tblack. I hope Greg gets the start today he deserves, because he was always the a great teammate. Even when his playing time diminished, he was always cheering on the sideline and one of the first off the bench during a timeout to encourage others. I also hope all three get to extend their careers oversees before being successful in whatever professions they ultimately pursue.

Good post.

Not only should he start watch him score 25 and grab 15 boards today in the most shocking performance ever