Game 16: GMU (8-7 / 1-1) vs St. Joe’s (8-9 / 2-4) on Monday, January 24, at 7PM. RESCHEDULED

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m not sure that was me Matt, but if it was I’m sure Pablo will be along soon with the receipts lol
The amount of posts that came back when I typed in "rubbing nipples" is pretty astounding but they mostly come from @sleeperpick and @tblack33 discussing how you liked doing that when Paulsen was coaching, lol

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
One last post from me about tonight's game.

Oduro = stud.

When we had trouble in-bounding the ball at the end of the game, KE took Johnson aside during the time out and "showed" him how you shake you defender free with a bit of mis-direction. Damn if KE isn't quick, or quicker, than XJ!!

Pretty sure English would average 23-24 per game if he suited up.

English is younger than Will Thomas and Will Thomas is still starting in the EuroLeague

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Looking at the box score, it's really pretty f'n incredible that we won this game.

- Hawks shot 50% from behind the arc on 26 attempts vs. just 23% on 22 attempts for Mason
- Out rebounded us 30 to 23
- Had 17 assists to our 12

They did turn it over 17 times though (vs. just 4 for Mason) and of course wouldn't have been in it w/out one of the all-time great performances in program history by Josh.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looking at the box score, it's really pretty f'n incredible that we won this game.

- Hawks shot 50% from behind the arc on 26 attempts vs. just 23% on 22 attempts for Mason
- Out rebounded us 30 to 23
- Had 17 assists to our 12

They did turn it over 17 times though (vs. just 4 for Mason) and of course wouldn't have been in it w/out one of the all-time great performances in program history by Josh.

Mason shot 77% from 2 in the second half. That’s a pretty incredible stat line. And yeah, those turnovers made a big difference as Mason had 11 more shot attempts than St Joes.

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason shot 77% from 2 in the second half. That’s a pretty incredible stat line. And yeah, those turnovers made a big difference as Mason had 11 more shot attempts than St Joes.
I always look at the Game Flow charts after games. Love the closeout well illustrated in the graphic on this "could have gone either way" type game.

similar to the Dayton game graphic

Learning to win?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Last night I saw a lot of what English talked about.

Toughness- whether it was diving to a loose ball, getting stops, big rebound. All toughness.
Effort- Everything was left on the floor last night.

If you find a way to win where the other team shoots well from deep, and you don't, its like what everyone else has said. Thats very impressive. Polite has been terrible but he stepped up and contributed with XJ.

I could keep going on, but to me last night is a good indicator of what we should expect going forward.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
KE mentioned in presser that Joe's wasn't giving them the three. I'd like to see how they did it bc too many games were lost this year giving open looks from deep.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
KE mentioned in presser that Joe's wasn't giving them the three. I'd like to see how they did it bc too many games were lost this year giving open looks from deep.

When Oduro got the ball in the post they tried to guard him straight up instead of collapsing on him or doubling him. Of course, they didn’t have a big who could hang with him, so eventually they started trying to double him and that’s when it opened up for the other guys.