Expat Hoops Updates

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Evans is the cornerstone of what was and is. He isn't recent. He is timeless.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Evans is the cornerstone of what was and is. He isn't recent. He is timeless.
I know he's passed, but I was so excited the year Carlos Yates was the nation's third leading scorer, and the number 1 returning scorer. I wonder what his final totals would be if he had played in the 3-ball era.

OP
Expat Hoops

Expat Hoops

Sixth Man
That makes sense. I know Evans had a pretty long career overseas, but it still must have been a minute since his last season.
Absolutely. The oldest Mason guy we've talked to was Tony Skinn. We're talking with another FF team member now, but a younger guy.

OP
Expat Hoops

Expat Hoops

Sixth Man
Gauging interest on an idea we have, so very hypothetical here...

With our former Mason player guests, if we are able to get jerseys or gear from some of the ex-Mason players, would people be interested in buying?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Gauging interest on an idea we have, so very hypothetical here...

With our former Mason player guests, if we are able to get jerseys or gear from some of the ex-Mason players, would people be interested in buying?
Depending on the era -- 110%.

Older than dirt

Four-star Recruit
I know he's passed, but I was so excited the year Carlos Yates was the nation's third leading scorer, and the number 1 returning scorer. I wonder what his final totals would be if he had played in the 3-ball era.
If Carlos Yates played in the 3-ball era he could add another 500-700 points. Here is a recruitment story about Carlos. When Joe was recruiting him. Joe had a plaque saying something like "Carlos Yates Mason's First All-American"! That was what helped Carlos to pick Mason.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If Carlos Yates played in the 3-ball era he could add another 500-700 points. Here is a recruitment story about Carlos. When Joe was recruiting him. Joe had a plaque saying something like "Carlos Yates Mason's First All-American"! That was what helped Carlos to pick Mason.
And I believe he was AA Honorable Mention all four years.

OP
Expat Hoops

Expat Hoops

Sixth Man
Well, who have they had? Vlad, Thomas, Skinn, Folarin. Anyone else?
Mike Mo, Ike Tate are also past guests.

We're in talks with Gabe Norwood too, and Gabe is good people...so feel confident enough in saying that seems likely to happen despite a 12 hour time difference and schedules.

OP
Expat Hoops

Expat Hoops

Sixth Man
With Gabe Norwood's interview now set, we'll ask y'all if you have any questions for him. We're set to speak Saturday morning, so be sure to get those questions in asap!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
With Gabe Norwood's interview now set, we'll ask y'all if you have any questions for him. We're set to speak Saturday morning, so be sure to get those questions in asap!
I always wondered what exactly went into running the alley-oop plays effectively at Mason, and if it was always Coach L who determined when they ran it. Maybe you could ask Gabe to break down how it was called and what screens went into freeing him up.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I always wondered what exactly went into running the alley-oop plays effectively at Mason, and if it was always Coach L who determined when they ran it. Maybe you could ask Gabe to break down how it was called and what screens went into freeing him up.
With 3 short, shrill whistles, of course.

This reminded me of when Bruiser Flint claimed in an interview that he had cracked the code on the OCM's whistling. 1 for this, two for that, etc. The OCM responded with a chuckle that he didn't call plays with the whistle, he just used it to get their attention.

OP
Expat Hoops

Expat Hoops

Sixth Man
New promo for us. Please spread it far and wide on social, subscribe to our channel...all that good stuff. Gabe is a part of the promo briefly, and he was a great interview. We did ask the alley oop question and it was pretty interesting. Going to work on cutting that out and releasing that here by tomorrow. The full episode should be out Wednesday.

View: https://youtu.be/XlrxSFMQ23A