Goodbye Dave Paulsen

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I started posting here in the run-up to Hewitt being fired. Then I quit posting here for years when they hired Paulsen, but started a few months ago because I wanted him to be fired.

Looks like it's time for me to ride off into the sunset again. See you in a few years!

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I started posting here in the run-up to Hewitt being fired. Then I quit posting here for years when they hired Paulsen, but started a few months ago because I wanted him to be fired.

Looks like it's time for me to ride off into the sunset again. See you in a few years!
No, You need to keep posting or else the new coach will suck.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
George Mason Parts Ways with Men’s Head Basketball
Coach Dave Paulsen

Fairfax, VA – Assistant Vice President/Director of Athletics Brad Edwards announced today that George Mason has parted ways with Men’s Head Basketball Coach Dave Paulsen.

In six seasons with the Patriots, Paulsen had an overall record of 95-91 (.510) and 47-57 (.452) in the Atlantic 10 Conference.

“After an extensive review and evaluation of our men’s basketball program, I have decided to make a change in our leadership,” Edwards said. "I am grateful for Dave’s commitment, tireless work and leadership in directing our program over the past six years. He did an admirable job in stabilizing our program. Every decision he has made centers around the well-being of our student-athletes and what is best for them both academically and athletically. Dave has represented our university and athletic department in a first-class manner and is very well-regarded among his peers in the basketball community. I wish Dave and Kathy the very best and thank them for their contributions to our university.”

Paulsen’s best single season win total was in 2016-17, when the Patriots posted 20 wins en route to an appearance in the CBI Tournament.

George Mason had a 13-9 overall record and 8-6 mark in conference play during the 2020-21 season. The Patriots finished sixth in the A-10 Conference this past season. Paulsen’s best conference finish in the A-10 were a pair of fifth place finishes in 2017-18 and 2018-19. The Patriots won a school-record 11 conference games in 2018-19.

An immediate national search will be conducted for the next head men’s basketball coach.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Guys,

this is really good news. Brad told us and PROMISED us a program we would be proud of and a CONTENDER in the a10.

while many of us never expect a legit contender year after year, we expect a quality team that makes it to the national conversation periodically. Dave improved somethings, but it wasn’t enough.

I’m glad Brad finally did what we all saw for about 2 years now coming.
And no my tweet didn’t do shit, haha.

onward and upward. Now let’s all pony up for the next coach!