Cautious Optimism

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Hewitt over thinks, amongst other things, the end of games and other coaches go right by him. Leave the starting 5 in to end the game. If they are good enough to start, they are good enough to end.

Completely agree with you on this one, GS. Way too much subbing, which to me makes it confusing for players to know where they are supposed to be. Unless a reserve player is red hot, go with the same five you started the game with.

Patriotfan49

Starter
While it has not been the total cluster F we have been used to seeing...we still are losing. Some of the younger players are stepping out and looking good, but I never thought talent was our biggest issue.

I dont neccessarily want to be the St Louis Rams lol.

Last edited:

polepino

Starter
...aside from our frustrating play this year, I AM excited that Davidson is joining the league next year even though they are having a down year as well. Regardless, Davy definitely keeps the A10 competitive and looks good on paper :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Completely agree with you on this one, GS. Way too much subbing, which to me makes it confusing for players to know where they are supposed to be. Unless a reserve player is red hot, go with the same five you started the game with.

So you want Copes (who started against UMass) in on offense when we have a late lead and know the opponent will be trying to foul him?

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So you want Copes (who started against UMass) in on offense when we have a late lead and know the opponent will be trying to foul him?

Copes only started the last game, and I pretty much assume he'll be fouled out at the end of most games.

I will say the MAss/St. Joes games are two of the best I've ever seen back to back in 25 years at Pat Center.

I hate Hewitt end of game but was cool with his O/D this time. What scared me was Okoloji waiting to check in at about 430 left for about two minutes. So Okoloji was going in down the stretch before we ever got to O/D.

Ugh.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
While it has not been the total cluster F we have been used to seeing...we still are losing. Some of the younger players are stepping out and looking good, but I never thought talent was our biggest issue.

I dont neccessarily want to be the St Louis Rams lol.

I think Coach Skeets summed it up good after the S. Fla loss...."young team".

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Yes, why not? He's at least as good of a rebounder as J2 and one of Moore, Allen, or Sherrod should be able to get open for the initial pass. If they are forced to pass out of pressure, you've got your inbounder, Jenkins available as an outlet option. Copes doesn't have to touch the ball.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am cautiously optimistic that we will find a way NOT to lose at least once this year in the A10.