Bright Spots

DeepValue

Starter
Post something nice.

I see Marquis and Isaiah as our mini John Wall & Bradley Beal.

MM is a strong rebounding PG who has blow-by speed and can finish at the rim. He can also hit the mid-range jumper and has the potential to be a better play maker and long-range shooter.

Isaiah is a strong rebounding shooting guard who can drain the three and has tons of potential to be a creative and effective play maker for his teammates. As he matures he will avoid passing his teammates into trouble.

Shevon made all conference and he has barely played much basketball. He's a talent with a good attitude and can be taught how to protect the ball, and pass out of doubles. There were times when he looked like a guard stroking free throws. That signaled to me how much upside he still has.

Jenkins is so dangerous from the FT line. He can hit the jumper or blow by for a lay up. Give him the ball at the FT line!

Holloway is the perfect offensive spark plug off the bench.

Almost all these qualities just represent the player's talents as solo artists. Let's please please please bring someone in to teach them to create for each other and play like a team.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Porter has the length and the timing to be a monster shot-blocker. Put some muscle on him in the offseason and he can be a force on the defensive end of the floor.

Harry

Starter
Porter has the length and the timing to be a monster shot-blocker. Put some muscle on him in the offseason and he can be a force on the defensive end of the floor.
Except don't pair him with Shevon and three guard. I like Shevon and Jenkins, Royal, or Marco with the three guards. Especially, with Jenkins because he can hit the medium range jumper, as pointed out above, and also pull down offensive rebounds when the other guys triple-team Shevon.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jackson has the potential to be a much needed CONSISTENT 12-15 a game point scorer for us next year. Let him shoot

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What Davidson has been able to do with a solid team moving up in competition. Its what well coached well organized programs do. Oh wait, you meant bright spot for GMU didnt you?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
The brightest of all bright spots is that we will have a new coaching staff in place at some point. I can't wait to see what a group of quality coaches can do with these players.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Isaiah Jackson just instagramed that him and Eric Lockett are in the RAC not leaving until they make 500 jump shots. His message pretty much said "already getting ready for next season." I like the growth I saw in Jackson this year. By the looks of his Instagram, it seems as though he's sticking around after the coaching change.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
These last few days have taken me back to the March and April days from 2006-2011 where annually we had to worry whether OCM would jump to another program. Those were stressful times, just like they no doubt are today for Murray State, Albany, etc.

These last 4 years have been nice in that regard as literally no program in the country would have traded coaches with us. Really kept my stress level down.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
I really like the idea of Thompson being available as a Sr. for the new coach. A player with his ability and size should make a huge difference with a competent leader regardless of what is around #14.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
The relative absence of fame-seeking, self-promoting pseudo-fans from these boards and this program was kind of nice the last few years. Seems that is coming to a close.