Baseball Advances to NCAA TOURNAMENT!

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Mason self imploding... back to back HBP... bases loaded for Dayton with 1 out... score still 3-1 Mason though for now

Back-to-back HBPs, so Flyers have bases loaded, still only 1 out. Gartland coming in.

Down 3-1 with one out in top 8, Flyers load the bases after consecutive HBP’s. Mason responds by bringing in A10 pitcher of the year out of the bullpen.
It's like we are all watching the same game lol

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
An insurance run or 2 would be most helpful here in the bottom of the 8th

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
You've got to be joking with all these HBP by Mason pitchers

Anyway, 2 outs, man on 3rd...

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks for keeping me up to speed guys!
Go 1-0 twice. (Thanks Davey Martinez)

OP
P

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I only followed on live stats--why were people annoyed by the GMU HBPs? Was it because of bad calls by the umpire or because the GMU pitchers were messing things up by constantly hitting batters?

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't know any background, but I wouldn't have put up with that taunting from one of my own Little League kids.
Maybe there's a back story though.
That's good. I ump and had a game involving teenagers last year in which the better team was doing a ton of taunting. The coaches of said team made no effort to quell the taunting - it was ridiculous. Finally , I had to tell them to knock it off. Coaches should squash that - especially at that level. I was annoyed I had to deal with it as the ump.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't know any background, but I wouldn't have put up with that taunting from one of my own Little League kids.
Maybe there's a back story though.
The other annoying part of my story is that my partner working the plate didn't say anything to the taunting team. The squawking came from the dugout. If the coaches weren't gonna address it , the plate ump should have. It was weird for me to have to yell in from field.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I only followed on live stats--why were people annoyed by the GMU HBPs? Was it because of bad calls by the umpire or because the GMU pitchers were messing things up by constantly hitting batters?
The hbp calls were clearly not controversial. It was just frustrating to keep them in the game when at least one of them happened when our pitcher had 2 strikes on their hitter and appeared to be overmatched.