News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Is it me or is the coaching staff lacking Mason gear as well?
It seems that KE isn't a big "gear" guy. If he had his choice, it looks like he would just wear plain black shirts most of the time.

When the players got their goods this year, there wasn't a whole lot of designs that blew me away. I think the best looking design is probably the one that Dinwiddie was wearing. We'll see if they get some more stuff once the season starts.

It'll also be interesting to see what the warm ups/shooting shirts will be like this year.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm still shocked that coaches aren't wearing branded golf shirts or pullovers for games. 1) They don't want to be in suits; they are not comfortable. 2) wearing different gear would only help sell said gear to fans. (assuming the school would actually make the shirts available for sale......) I would think Adidas, Nike, UA, etc would welcome this would open arms. 3) do we really care if coaches wear suits or not? It used to be if you played in the Maui Invitational or other similar tourney's, coaches weren't in suits. Then, it extended to all in-season tournaments. Then, they added random games throughout the year. And then last year, most coaches didnt wear suits at all because there were no fans.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm still shocked that coaches aren't wearing branded golf shirts or pullovers for games. 1) They don't want to be in suits; they are not comfortable. 2) wearing different gear would only help sell said gear to fans. (assuming the school would actually make the shirts available for sale......) I would think Adidas, Nike, UA, etc would welcome this would open arms. 3) do we really care if coaches wear suits or not? It used to be if you played in the Maui Invitational or other similar tourney's, coaches weren't in suits. Then, it extended to all in-season tournaments. Then, they added random games throughout the year. And then last year, most coaches didnt wear suits at all because there were no fans.
Gotta say, I didn't like the casual look last year. I'm a suit/coat and tie guy. And I'm sure, quite outnumbered.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Gotta say, I didn't like the casual look last year. I'm a suit/coat and tie guy. And I'm sure, quite outnumbered.

White tie for evening games, black tie for late afternoon, day games should adhere strictly to traditional morning dress:
1634254740549.png

Technical fouls will be assessed pre-game if a coach wears an out-of-regulation hat, such as a bowler or fedora.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I wondered what staffs would be wearing this year after everyone stepped away from the suits last year. I like seeing the gear rather than the suits. I was always happy that the two sports I coach(ed) I didn't have to wear a tie or the uniform (baseball).

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Interesting nugget- the reason baseball coaches wear uniforms (and now most don't wear the uni top, just the pants) is back in the early 1900s, many of the coaches and managers were also players. So they had wear uniforms. Connie Mack wasn't a player-manager in his later years, and thus, wore suits in the dugout. But wearing the suit never caught on and here we are.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Five Two spouting perfect logic, as usual! I couldn't agree more.

Mason32

Starter
Anyone know where I can get youth Mason tshirts in the area? Is there a nearby target or kohls that usually has them on hand?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone know where I can get youth Mason tshirts in the area? Is there a nearby target or kohls that usually has them on hand?
target has some. hurry, they are going fast.

patriotchild

Starter
Stopped by Dicks in baileys crossroads. They have some behind the registers.

Is it still only the target in Burke that sells mason stuff? The one in mosaic has jmu stuff everywhere…

The Walmart in Burke used to have some stuff as well, but haven’t been that way in a while.

Very frustrating to go on adidas site and get zero results for Mason. I’m trying to find that shirt Justyn was wearing on signing day and might go all in on the quarter zips to try to be as cool as coach if we can find them.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Is it still only the target in Burke that sells mason stuff? The one in mosaic has jmu stuff everywhere…

The Walmart in Burke used to have some stuff as well, but haven’t been that way in a while.

Very frustrating to go on adidas site and get zero results for Mason. I’m trying to find that shirt Justyn was wearing on signing day and might go all in on the quarter zips to try to be as cool as coach if we can find them.
None of us will ever look at cool as coach. But, yeah, we could probably all stand a trip to the Mason haberdasher.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

I know the Target in Leesburg has children's Mason shirts, but that's about it.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Anybody know if we can purchase the Mason zip up tops the coaches have been wearing from Adidas?