News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

He15man

Starter
I've never been a fan of the shooting star logo. Always seemed super cheesy too me; very bush league and "touchy feely" in a politically safe kind of way. Never felt right when put up against a P5 school logo, or even another mid-major logo for that matter.

In all honesty, every time I look at it, I go back in time to the days of Reading Rainbow

200.gif

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Here is my issue with the shooting star since I've not vented about it in a while-
Its not identifiable to anything or anyone tied to George Mason athletics. Since we dont have a brand identity, nobody looks at the shooting star and says, "thats George Mason University". If casual fan sees the Cowboys star, they don't need the words "Dallas Cowboys" with it to know which team it is. Same for the "T" for the Tennessee Vols, "G" for Georgetown, "M" for Maryland and others. We aren't like those others and thats ok. But our full logo makes it clear who we are so we should use it.
So each time we use the star only, we lose the opportunity clearly identify us as Mason. I know the old regime didnt see it that way and we just agreed to disagree.
And I'm not arguing for a new logo. I'm only asking to use the existing logo more efficiently and appropriately.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Here is my issue with the shooting star since I've not vented about it in a while-
Its not identifiable to anything or anyone tied to George Mason athletics. Since we dont have a brand identity, nobody looks at the shooting star and says, "thats George Mason University". If casual fan sees the Cowboys star, they don't need the words "Dallas Cowboys" with it to know which team it is. Same for the "T" for the Tennessee Vols, "G" for Georgetown, "M" for Maryland and others. We aren't like those others and thats ok. But our full logo makes it clear who we are so we should use it.
So each time we use the star only, we lose the opportunity clearly identify us as Mason. I know the old regime didnt see it that way and we just agreed to disagree.
And I'm not arguing for a new logo. I'm only asking to use the existing logo more efficiently and appropriately.
How about the logo without the star?

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
How about the logo without the star?
Meaning just the "Mason" and "Patriots" underneath?
nah.
Do we use that a lot? I don't remember seeing that used much.
We have a full logo, lets use it. Why we need to carve it up and use bits and pieces of the logo doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I don't like the "We Are Mason" logo either. The font is completely different from the font used in the full logo. I asked once how this could happen and was told that nobody in leadership noticed. Huh? I don't expect TOC or anyone at his level to notice. They aren't supposed to be brand/marketing experts. But its late, I don't want to my blood pressure too high before I go to bed so I won't rehash the past.........

41p4rf85OCL.jpg

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Meaning just the "Mason" and "Patriots" underneath?
nah.
Do we use that a lot? I don't remember seeing that used much.
We have a full logo, lets use it. Why we need to carve it up and use bits and pieces of the logo doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I don't like the "We Are Mason" logo either. The font is completely different from the font used in the full logo. I asked once how this could happen and was told that nobody in leadership noticed. Huh? I don't expect TOC or anyone at his level to notice. They aren't supposed to be brand/marketing experts. But its late, I don't want to my blood pressure too high before I go to bed so I won't rehash the past.........

View attachment 1013
Yeah, just a thought. I would like a new, or alternate, logo though.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like Fanatics has taken over the Barnes and Noble online space. Bad news for fans trying to get gear outside of Fairfax, unless there is a push for Fanatics to up there game and offer more options.

Right now, a fan away from Fairfax can not get any of the gear that is actually carried in the bookstore.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It looks like Fanatics has taken over the Barnes and Noble online space. Bad news for fans trying to get gear outside of Fairfax, unless there is a push for Fanatics to up there game and offer more options.

Right now, a fan away from Fairfax can not get any of the gear that is actually carried in the bookstore.
To be fair, even those in Fairfax can’t get any quality gear. It just doesn’t exist for whatever reason.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
To be fair, even those in Fairfax can’t get any quality gear. It just doesn’t exist for whatever reason.

Agreed. I don't know what the reason is but it seems very strange. The other day there was some link email about Adidas gear and it was broken. Sums up a lot.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agreed. I don't know what the reason is but it seems very strange. The other day there was some link email about Adidas gear and it was broken. Sums up a lot.

Due to the amount of Green color variations our school offers on merchandise the new company computers have never seen anything like that before and broke the link!

How hard is it for them to give one green and gold color to these companies to make merchandise. Unreal how incompetent out school departments are in selecting these color formats and making clothing companies abide by these rules.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Due to the amount of Green color variations our school offers on merchandise the new company computers have never seen anything like that before and broke the link!

How hard is it for them to give one green and gold color to these companies to make merchandise. Unreal how incompetent out school departments are in selecting these color formats and making clothing companies abide by these rules.
School is aware they need to have one green only, hopefully something is done soon.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Boy, you guys aren't kidding. I went to the website and I think I might buy one hoodie out of that entire selection (and I live in Arizona and have no need of a hoodie most of the year).

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is it me or is the coaching staff lacking Mason gear as well?

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Heading up to the bookstore tomorrow afternoon for my annual trip looking for new gear. Saw a guy on the street a few days ago wearing a nice new hat, hoping it can be found.