News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

FreeGunston12

All-American
I might be the only person that likes the star logo when used by itself. But I do not like it on top of the main Mason logo. We do need a serious rebranding, but I struggle to envision what that looks like. I would not want to see something super colonial-era like JMU or W&M. So what else can we do?

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I think something similar to this...or along these lines:
upload_2021-3-24_11-14-26.png

Think about Virginia Tech...UVA...VMI...Michigan...Ohio State...Syracuse...BYU...GW...etc. etc. etc. they all have great logos that are just one/more of the school's initials arranged in an interesting way. It makes for a timeless look that isn't going to go out of style ever.

The shooting star is dumb, but it's even more dumb as our primary logo. If we had to keep it I would use it as our secondary logo but go all-in on some sweet arrangement of the letters "G" and "M."

FreeGunston12

All-American
View attachment 972

Think about Virginia Tech...UVA...VMI...Michigan...Ohio State...Syracuse...BYU...GW...etc. etc. etc. they all have great logos that are just one/more of the school's initials arranged in an interesting way. It makes for a timeless look that isn't going to go out of style ever.

The shooting star is dumb, but it's even more dumb as our primary logo. If we had to keep it I would use it as our secondary logo but go all-in on some sweet arrangement of the letters "G" and "M."
I kinda think it would be cool if we could use like a silhouette of the Mason statue on campus somehow. Maybe instead of resting his hand on the books and table, he is pushing down on the GM you showed or something.

JPgmuswim

Starter
I kinda think it would be cool if we could use like a silhouette of the Mason statue on campus somehow. Maybe instead of resting his hand on the books and table, he is pushing down on the GM you showed or something.

In 2021 we are probably closer to taking down that statue than using his silhouette on a logo. Lol

I do love the GM baseball hats though.

KAOriginal

All-American
In 2021 we are probably closer to taking down that statue than using his silhouette on a logo. Lol

Unless......

Like Larranaga.....

A group of researchers find out that George Mason' grandfather was a wealthy Spaniard or he was really born in a Spanish colony....

Jorge Mason had his name changed to George as part of his cultural assimilation to the American colonies....

FreeGunston12

All-American

I do love the GM baseball hats though.
A personal wish, not a prediction of any sort. That statue is one of the only things I'm aware of on campus (or about GMU) that has any sort of tradition or lore.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Unless......

Like Larranaga.....

A group of researchers find out that George Mason' grandfather was a wealthy Spaniard or he was really born in a Spanish colony....

Jorge Mason had his name changed to George as part of his cultural assimilation to the American colonies....

Being a Spaniard wouldn’t make him less white or any less of a colonizer.

Washington already said the name isn’t being changed. The legacy of George Mason is inextricably tied to the area and the school.

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
View attachment 972

I like how this would look on a pair of shorts. Worried how it would look on TV.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I like how this would look on a pair of shorts. Worried how it would look on TV.

Like on a scoreboard on TV? Probably the same as Virginia Tech or Syracuse or Georgetown. Stylized initials are classy.

upload_2021-3-24_12-54-53.png

That's from the official brand book...I think that's very similar to any of the other schools I've mentioned and would look fine on TV.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Like on a scoreboard on TV? Probably the same as Virginia Tech or Syracuse or Georgetown. Stylized initials are classy.

View attachment 973

That's from the official brand book...I think that's very similar to any of the other schools I've mentioned and would look fine on TV.

Why not Just an "M" and MASON. Simple and Clean

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
How do you feel about Nova for Villanova? I think I’d take the interlocking GM over a “cute name.”

Although if they stick with Mason on their jerseys it would make sense and be consistent.

Well I don't think its a "cute name" - but it lends itself to easy branding and is less cumbersome. You have more flexibiliyt for logos, etc.

I could go either way.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Why not Just an "M" and MASON. Simple and Clean

I like having the G there...sets us apart. I don't mind any of the MASON logos...those look good too. I'd be happier if we ditched the star and just went with the MASON logo. I certainly don't mind having MASON on the basketball jerseys...I just think our primary logo should be something a little less early-2000s.

No matter where you stand it's been 15 years with the star...time for a change.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As much as I like the interlocking GM, I'd love us to use interlocking G-M-U, diagonal from left to right, using the bosox font or a similar font type.