News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

JPgmuswim

Starter
Ugh, dude, what a bummer.

I loved the candy cane stripes.

We look bland and generic now.

:yawn:
I’m all for unique jerseys but if our version of unique is those candy stripes then I’d rather go with a more classic look.
I dig the new unis I like the newer stripes on the sides. Glad we brought the names on the back back.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I give them a B.

It’s one of the better templates and could have been an A, but I don’t understand why they went with an opposite color neck trim on the green (gold around the neck), but no color neck trim on the whites. Arm trim on both, but different on neck. A head scratcher. Not having uniforms, well, uniform drives me nuts. Hate that part. They also lose points for the yellow adidas logo on the white jersey which obviously is hard to see, should have been green logo. Shorts are extremely plain with no logos or anything - would have liked a logo or a “MASON” on the leg.

I have them a solid F. They are worse than the original ones during Paulsen's tenure, and definitely not as nice as last year's. The only thing I like is the return of the player's names on the back of the jerseys.

Second, why didn't they go back to George Mason on the front of the jersey vs. Mason? No one on a national basis calls us Mason. another Marketing blunder (see my G Force comments).

Why do we have the same font on both jerseys? Richmond for example has a Spider on one of their jerseys, and a cursive script that says Richmond on theirs.

We show absolutely NO originality.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I've always wondered if we'd be taken more serious with a spider on our jersey. It might help improve our ability to create some space from defenders. I'm all for it.

G M U

Starter
Love:
Names on the jersey
Simple/clean and no star logo

Hate:
Too similar to the previous uniform
Neck trim inconsistencies
Prefer 'George Mason' but I'm okay with just Mason. The font, size and color all seem too similar to the last 2 adidas uniforms.

Overall it fell a little flat, tad too generic, no new colors or anything that would set us apart BUT I can overlook all that for the sake of the names on the back.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If I had to guess why they went with Mason instead of George Mason, it's because maybe they were tired of being called the George Mason Colonials or the George Madison Patriots in recaps?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Like all things Mason I think that there was an opportunity for us to do something much better. Wish we'd go balls to the wall with an alternate uniform in kryptonite green with neon yellow or something wild like that but there's alot of room to mess that up.

However, with that being said I really don't hate these. They are safe color choices. They don't look stupid. They have a clean design. They are middle of the road jerseys, and I guess that fits us just fine. The guy at Adidas who designed these probably has worked there for 15 years in the same position, watching his peers get promoted while he remains stagnant, doing just enough to not get fired and reminding everyone that 13 years ago he designed the team USA uniforms that everyone loved.

I guess what I'm saying is that while these uniforms aren't great, they aren't terrible. If Adidas put some more time and money into the development of these could we have better uniforms? Absolutely. If they stuck a hungry intern who was looking to get hired after college and knew this was his shot to impress someone could they have been a little better? Absolutely. But hey, could be worse I guess?

Mason32

Starter
If I had to guess why they went with Mason instead of George Mason, it's because maybe they were tired of being called the George Mason Colonials or the George Madison Patriots in recaps?

I get what they are trying to do with the whole "Mason" initiative but it's basically been a big failure. TV networks never show MASON on the scoreboard which should be the done at the very least. If you're going to go a different branding direction than the $677 million in free press you got 13 years ago maybe put some more effort into it.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
The guy at Adidas who designed these probably has worked there for 15 years in the same position, watching his peers get promoted while he remains stagnant, doing just enough to not get fired and reminding everyone that 13 years ago he designed the team USA uniforms that everyone loved.

The template was designed by Adidas, but someone at Mason (usually coach/players) picks and chooses the colors and trim options:

http://uniforms.adicustom.com/m-basketball/#!/customizejersey

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
THE

They template was designed by Adidas, but someone at Mason (usually coach/players) picks and chooses the colors and trim options:

http://uniforms.adicustom.com/m-basketball/#!/customizejersey

Well then I choose to blindly blame the athletic department.

For real though I do enjoy having uniform aficionados on the boards, would have never guessed, I figured for mid-major types they would just send us a proof and we'd give a yay or nay. Good to know.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Well then I choose to blindly blame the athletic department.

For real though I do enjoy having uniform aficionados on the boards, would have never guessed, I figured for mid-major types they would just send us a proof and we'd give a yay or nay. Good to know.

Some bigger programs will have their head equipment manager do all of the design work, but I think the smaller programs have their staff more involved with the process.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
It would be cool if Mason did like the old SuperSonics jerseys, but says Mason instead of Sonics or Seattle.

m_5d102c5caa7ed326739892bd.jpg

ae8a45edc460606bc69ce98c62951f21--xavier-s.jpg