299 Days of English

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The team building is something we rarely got to see with DP. Never with The Virus. Glad it's coming back. A true family atmosphere has been missing since the Coach L Era when he would have team events there.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
The team building is something we rarely got to see with DP. Never with The Virus. Glad it's coming back. A true family atmosphere has been missing since the Coach L Era when he would have team events there.

Was it missing, or was it just that we weren't aware? I really don't know. But just because it's not being tweeted, doesn't mean it's not happening.

If it really wasn't though, what an unfortunate and missed opportunity.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Was it missing, or was it just that we weren't aware? I really don't know. But just because it's not being tweeted, doesn't mean it's not happening.

If it really wasn't though, what an unfortunate and missed opportunity.
DP did team-building — I particularly remember photos of the trip to the African-American History Museum — but most of it was community-service stuff like feeding the homeless instead of purely fun outings

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I think this is just another highlight of how young CKE is...I'm sure Paul(sen) Hewitt did social activities but are they really the kinds of guys who would put the team on blast during them? CKE is a year younger than me, and while I'm not the best at social media, plenty of people my age are savvy enough to remember to take a video of a social event or document busting your buddy's balls for ordering his steak well done.

I really think we're seeing a coach who is younger and therefore lightyears ahead of our previous coaches, who are both 20+ years his senior. Had they been interested in this stuff, they would have delegated it to an undergrad intern staffer who wouldn't have enough access to make it worth it. CKE just whips out his phone and hits record.

Not trying to say I'm not super happy that we get this kind of inisght now, but it's pretty obvious why it seems so starkly different to everything we've known before. If it looks good to us it's going to look good to future recruits.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Cool article that mentions CKE and his recruiting of Kennedy Chandler, the top ranked PG in the 2021 class.

The Vols winning the Chandler sweepstakes, over the likes of Kentucky, Memphis, Duke and North Carolina, can be considered a parting gift from former assistant coach Kim English. English, now the head coach at George Mason, made Chandler his biggest priority.

“I knew Tennessee was the right place for me,” Chandler said. “Coach Kim English, when he was here, he recruited me hard. Just the chemistry I had with him and the coaches, it felt like family and it felt like home.”

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Cool article that mentions CKE and his recruiting of Kennedy Chandler, the top ranked PG in the 2021 class.

The Vols winning the Chandler sweepstakes, over the likes of Kentucky, Memphis, Duke and North Carolina, can be considered a parting gift from former assistant coach Kim English. English, now the head coach at George Mason, made Chandler his biggest priority.

“I knew Tennessee was the right place for me,” Chandler said. “Coach Kim English, when he was here, he recruited me hard. Just the chemistry I had with him and the coaches, it felt like family and it felt like home.”

Hard not to imagine the possibilities when you have a coach capable of landing the No. 1 PG in the country.

Masonfan3

Starter
As KE said, on the floor product/winning is huge. With his connections, we also need to schedule a home and home with a top 25 program. If we could get Tennessee or Colorado or Mizzou and somehow beat them..that could do wonders. EBA would draw a big crowd for a game like that

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
An old fan, call sign of Fro, was detained after falling off a stakeboard right before the Wichita State game (Final Four banner presentation).

Ding ding.

One of the better tailgates I had been to...huge energy that day. And I remember the cops driving around *recording* people in the parking lot.

Hopefully the Mason cops have gotten better over time...

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ding ding.

One of the better tailgates I had been to...huge energy that day. And I remember the cops driving around *recording* people in the parking lot.

Hopefully the Mason cops have gotten better over time...
Went to a game one night years ago. Rain. Cold. Wind blowing. Sell out crowd.
Cars were parked along yellow lines. Mason won a nail biter. Joy!! Until the crowd got to their cars. I'll bet dozens of tickets were handed out that night. You should have heard the anger as people yanked the tics from their windshields. Great way to kill a positive vibe and discourage attendance. Keystone Cops, indeed!