299 Days of English

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I might be crazy but I don't think Hewitt embraced these guys much either if I recall.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though, please.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I might be crazy but I don't think Hewitt embraced these guys much either if I recall.

To be fair, these guys were probably overseas playing during much of the Paul & Paul eras.

Glad he's embracing that era of success though. I hope he'll open it up to other past greats too. He's already informally retired George Evans' number, but also would be nice to see players again like Jesse Young, Jason Miskiri, Erik Herring, Jon Larranaga, Darryl Monroe, Dre Smith, Cam Long, Ryan Pearson, etc.

And not just players from the Larranaga era. The Paul eras aren't the most satisfying in terms of wins & championships, but players still wore the Mason jersey then and played their hearts out. Sherod Wright, Shevon Thompson, Marquise Moore, Jalen Jenkins, Otis LIvingston, and even AJ Wilson are all guys who are deserving of some alumni recognition and love.

Last edited:

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

Based on how the alums (basically Lamar) liked Hewitt and defended him even when it was time to go, I think there was at least a relationship there. I don't think DP ever bothered doing it because he didn't see the point, or he wasn't good at it, or he wasn't interested, or a combo of all three.

We're also noticing it more now because KE is actually social media savvy. He might be the most social media savvy person in the entire athletic department, come to think of it.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'm guessing DP was imtimidated by the whole thing, and didn't want the reminders around. KE has his sights set on the FF.

DP Social Networking Capability

Napoleon-Dynamite_.jpg

KE's social networking capability

160328104436-billy-dee-williams-colt-45-commercial-780x439.jpg

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It's going to be so comical watching this one turn on CKE as soon as we lose a game or fail to win the conference in his first season.
Trust me, I’m very cautious with my emotions. I was so excited when Hewitt landed Copes. I was even more excited that DP came from a nerd school. I assumed he would be an excellent X’s & O’s guy.

But the third time is the charm! Although, I think KE needs to land a true PG.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Trust me, I’m very cautious with my emotions. I was so excited when Hewitt landed Copes. I was even more excited that DP came from a nerd school. I assumed he would be an excellent X’s & O’s guy.

But the third time is the charm! Although, I think KE needs to land a true PG.

Totally fair on this assessment as many of us were with you on these items (Copes, Paulsen etc).

I do think KE will land his "own" PG, which is why they have been linked to Dinkins, Kelley amongst others so I am in agreement on that as well. It might take 2 years (get a recruit + have a frosh year) for him to really get his own guy there settled.

If KE doesn't live up to expectations, not only will the fanbase and administration be disappointed, many in the industry would be disappointed and shocked as well. It would be much more amplified than Paulsen failing in my opinion.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
and at $900k per year - how much time does he have to produce results?