2023-24 Schedule

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol why do ppl keep saying win and it cures all like we finished in last place last season. 12-7 in conf and 21-13 overall. Somehow Mason is the trash of the A10.....

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
That doesn't explain LaSalle getting 7 national TV games, something must be going on bt Mason and the A10.
They have the same number of games on linear broadcast/cable as us, 5. One of their games is streaming via Peacock which is being considered “national TV”.

I can’t wait for the season to start because it’s absolutely insane that we’re debating some conspiracy theories that the A10 and media rights partners are out to get Mason.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
They have the same number of games on linear broadcast/cable as us, 5. One of their games is streaming via Peacock which is being considered “national TV”.

I can’t wait for the season to start because it’s absolutely insane that we’re debating some conspiracy theories that the A10 and media rights partners are out to get Mason.
I bet you think Oswald killed JFK lol

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023

Both Joe's/LaSalle games are televised, who the hell wants to watch that???

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Our arena doesn't look that great on tv. Better than Lasalle but always kinda empty. There's a reason dayton and vcu got what they got. If they finished in last place, they wouldn't lose many TV games this season just bc of atmosphere. In todays environment, i think you gotta win AND bring the noise.

Last edited:

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On
Wish the DC area schools would cooperate (cough GTown) and pull something like this together on an annual basis. Would be awesome for generating buzz and would likely result in additional TV games.

Don‘t hold your breath. Villanova could have pulled out of this years ago, however former Coach Jay Wright felt it was important to the city and those schools.

Not too many P6 coaches out there actually feel that way.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Don‘t hold your breath. Villanova could have pulled out of this years ago, however former Coach Jay Wright felt it was important to the city and those schools.

Not too many P6 coaches out there actually feel that way.
Yea I never expect it to happen. They also have a more solidified tradition up there in Philly to fall back on which helps push people to keep it going.

It's cool to see it continue to evolve though (added Drexel this year, changed format, etc) instead of just status quo and having it potentially fizzle out over time.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wish the DC area schools would cooperate (cough GTown) and pull something like this together on an annual basis. Would be awesome for generating buzz and would likely result in additional TV games.

The Traditional Big 5 is gone
Drexel was added and now it is the City 6

format has now changed
no longer a round robin between the 5 schools for a mythical city title

now there is 2 pools of 3 teams
within a pool each team plays 2 games/round robin
that determines the order of the pool
then the pools play each other via a tripleheader at Wells Fargo
If the attendance is less than 8000 they should have played at the Palestra

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Have friends in Philly and have been there many times, it's all about Villanova and Temple.
i am sure the supporters, alums, and fans of Drexel, Penn, LaSalle and St. Joes feel differently.
as i am sure that fans show up to college bball games when Villanova and Temple are not playing