2023-24 Basketball Season: Hopes, Dreams, Wishes and Analysis

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Out of town this weekend — for those that made it how was Mason Madness and the open practice? How was turnout and fan involvement? How’d the team look?
All 20 gray haired fans took their time getting to their seats with their walkers and canes.

Once on the court the team got light claps and then proceeded to give pre practice hugs to the 20 in attendance. /s

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Shockingly a Fordham alum picked Fordham to win the A-10. I give that pick the credence I give to almost all content produced by A-10 Talk, which is none whatsoever.
Here are the details on the first place selection in the A10talk preseason rankings, keeping in mind gmujim's warning about the columnist's affiliation with Fordham.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Furthermore, the A-10’s competitive balance improved as a number of its teams can compete: Dayton, vcu, St. Bonaventure, George Washington, and Duquesne are all expected to contend next season. Most folks are high on St. Joseph’s —George Mason could sneak in as well— the A-10 is going to be more gnarly than last season.

Also mentioned half the league as being able to contend and apparently Mason as well. I did not expect GW to be on the contender list although Caputo is moving that program in the right direction.

Good for this guy though, hes going all in with Urgo and believes in the staff and players.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Catching up on threads after a while. I'll hit all my comments in one post:
This Mason Madness is the worst thing I've ever seen.
I couldn't disagree more. It think this was one of the best ones I have seen in a while. Not everything in it is my kind of entertainment, but, for the most part it hits the mark with the fans. Overall, it served its purpose to give us something to watch to get basketball season started.
Curran was there early but left for a recruiting trip tonight.

New host brings incredible energy. He alone made this a much better event. Glad he’ll be out new game host.
I couldn't agree more. The host did a great job.
Anybody worried a kid from the stands won knock out?
I am sure you were joking, but, for those that didn't see it, at one point, the rest of the team started interfering with our own players to help the kid from the stands win it. And our last player left purposely missed shots at the end to let him win.
Out of town this weekend — for those that made it how was Mason Madness and the open practice? How was turnout and fan involvement? How’d the team look?
I thought Mason Madness was very well attended. Looking up in the crowd from down low looked like the whole side of the arena was reasonably full.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
New goal - inclusion in this list
But note the number of opponents we have on this list

Attachments

• 20231026_191533.jpg
    20231026_191533.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 113