NIL Thread

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

" An initial study by Opendorse showed the average NIL transaction on the Division 1 level was less than $500, with the median deal approximately $35 per athlete. That median number has grown to roughly $57 per athlete since the initial study, on the heels of oversized deals which went to a few select players. As expected, on the Division 2 and 3 levels, the numbers are substantially lower. "

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

" An initial study by Opendorse showed the average NIL transaction on the Division 1 level was less than $500, with the median deal approximately $35 per athlete. That median number has grown to roughly $57 per athlete since the initial study, on the heels of oversized deals which went to a few select players. As expected, on the Division 2 and 3 levels, the numbers are substantially lower. "
Hurrrrr durrrr NIL IS RUINING COLLEGE SPORTS.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

Not really sure what this is going to be but saw it posted on social media and thought it was an interesting idea…
This is the collective that is coming that I had mentioned a little while back. They are about 1 week away from the official announcement. Expect to see some other Mason NIL announcements coming soon as well. These should help us to stay in the lead of the A10 NIL race, and more importantly, get our players some well deserved pocket change.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is the collective that is coming that I had mentioned a little while back. They are about 1 week away from the official announcement. Expect to see some other Mason NIL announcements coming soon as well. These should help us to stay in the lead of the A10 NIL race, and more importantly, get our players some well deserved pocket change.
I’m in for that. Another advantage in our recruiting box going up against other A10 schools. This is the future.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hope the A-10 and GMU are part of this deal

Imagine
a basketball card set featuring current and past teams, members
A track & field set featuring NCAA Champs and Olympians and current school record holders
all stars by each sport
etc, etc

Fanatics and Topps are launching a college sports trading cards program. They’ve already inked deals with more than 100 schools and 200 college athletes across football and basketball, including Bryce Young, Stetson Bennett and Aliyah Boston.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
66 Deals but it doesnt say the value of each deal nor the total value of all the deals combined
says total is well into 5 figures - $10k to $99,999k
and how does he find time to study and train?

Can this be a model for other athletes to use?

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
from Today's Front Office Sports

• Last week, Ohio State’s NIL department tweeted that the school’s athletes have disclosed more than 1,000 deals, adding to its January count of 608 deals with $2.98 million in earnings.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Shirseys with money going to the players through NIL deals — time to put some money where your mouths are. I actually like the shirt too. Hope they do some long sleeve ones for games this fall/winter.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Shirseys with money going to the players through NIL deals — time to put some money where your mouths are. I actually like the shirt too. Hope they do some long sleeve ones for games this fall/winter.
I would absolutely buy a long-sleve shirt, I don't have many long-sleeve Mason shirts.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ticket Gaines Shirsey on the way

Attachments

• 05F66573-1007-4A2C-B884-C671B57B79D3.jpeg
    05F66573-1007-4A2C-B884-C671B57B79D3.jpeg
    316.8 KB · Views: 262

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don’t want to play favorites, I’m going to get the team one (even though that means like a dollar per player).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Very cool news that this is launching. I will have to figure out what shirt I want.

I like that there is also a new club with exclusives now as well.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
They got to campus late, I believe after some of the Patriot Nation Collective meetings, so I’m guessing their part in this might be coming later.