NIL Thread

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Like it or not, NIL is here to stay. Those like Gmubrian that have the resources, dedication and creativity will make it work and allow Mason to be competitive in this new landscape.

Patriot Nation Collective is a great idea. Money attracts money and could grow into a powerful force for Mason basketball going forward. One good year and membership could take off.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Why should it? Those that have put in the effort to make themselves more valuable will, in general, will get more, as it should be. But, as an example, Josh and Ticket who I believe both have deals with Kathy, frequently drive the other guys to events, etc., so it does benefit the others. It has the potential to benefit all, though, just like the Mason Patriot Collective. I urge all who can afford it to do join to reward our guys for their hard work.

I am surprised people are so against NIL. There will always be downsides of of everything, and if that is all you look for, that is all you will see. There are so many upsides to this, the few issues are far outweighed, in my opinion. Anything that puts money directly in the athlete’s pockets is for the better. Some of these guys are nearly destitute beyond their room and board. That is partly what lead to the infamous credit card theft incident years ago. Before Josh had his car, he had no easy way to get home even his parents only live about 25 miles from campus.

NIL is here to stay, regardless, so might as well embrace it and help make it what you want it to be.
I love NIL. I think it’s one of the most positive, player benefiting changes the NCAA has ever made. If anything I think NIL is incredibly humbling for players as they really can see beyond and doubt what they can do from a marketing perspective. No more wondering, any money they make is directly related to the player.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
All your anger at NIL should be directed at the NCAA. They've been operating a clearly illegal business model for decades, and when it became apparent the walls were closing in, Mark Emmert sat on his thumbs and did absolutely nothing. They've had years to prepare reasonable guardrails that could prevent the free-for-all shitshow you see now, but they refused to acknowledge reality, and now here we are.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The PxP voice for UMass publicly endorses and promotes their NIL Collective.

Bill questions Durlak on the legality of our collective live on air during the Tulane game.

Dinosaurs are extinct for a reason.

View: https://twitter.com/burnham_jay/status/1606011163191308289?s=21

Couldn’t have said it better. Be careful you’ll get tarred and feathered for anything but blind love to our announcing corps around here though.

On NIL rules, are they able to sell their shirseys at EBA? I’d love to see them get a booth set up on game days to sell some shirts, and if they’d redesign the front of them I’d probably buy some more.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Couldn’t have said it better. Be careful you’ll get tarred and feathered for anything but blind love to our announcing corps around here though.

On NIL rules, are they able to sell their shirseys at EBA? I’d love to see them get a booth set up on game days to sell some shirts, and if they’d redesign the front of them I’d probably buy some more.
Yes they can sell sherseys/jerseys if they wanted. If it has George Mason IP on it then it’d be treated as a licensed item with a percentage going to the school and a percentage going to the athlete.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The PxP voice for UMass publicly endorses and promotes their NIL Collective.

Bill questions Durlak on the legality of our collective live on air during the Tulane game.

Dinosaurs are extinct for a reason.

View: https://twitter.com/burnham_jay/status/1606011163191308289?s=21
We finally agree on something. I can't watch a Mason game without the tv muted if we are at home and I saw first hand how bad our dinosaur is during the Coaches show. Unfortunately he is a lifer and beloved by everyone in his demographic. I too would take him out to pasture but I am sure he has a contract until he decides he doesn't want to do it anymore.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I was just going in to buy a Ronnie T shirt and noticed that almost all of the guys merch is no longer for sale. Anyone know what happened? All the shirseys are gone.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I was just going in to buy a Ronnie T shirt and noticed that almost all of the guys merch is no longer for sale. Anyone know what happened? All the shirseys are gone.
Yes. Right now, if anyone has stepped up his game enough to sell shirts, it's Ronnie.