2022-2023 Women's Basketball

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
View: https://twitter.com/MasonWBB/status/1627439071453667329?t=IGmKzVD9W8THDoECXysTog&s=19

What a big win for the program. Fordham is a perennial contender on the women's side and Mason led wire to wire. They have a real shot at avoiding the PIG now.
Great to see! My daughter played HS softball 20 years ago, and as a dad, I pulled for those girls harder than you can imagine. I even ran the home scoreboard.
Nice to see the ladies having success!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Women finish off the season with a 65-60
Win against St. Joes (which was looking to secure a double bye, so this is a good win). Finished the season 8-8 in conference play and one game over .500.

Something to hopefully build on?

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Women have a chance to avoid the play in game
will be determined by the outcomes of Saturday's games and the tiebreakers.
9 or more losses guarantee PIG.
10 or more wins guarantee NO PIG.
but games were missed due to Covid.

currently 6 teams with 6, 7 or 8 wins
2 of those will end up in the PIG
Saturday is a BIG day

1677260314852.png

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Day 1 - PIGs go chalk
Mason up next in a very winnable game
----------
end of Q1 - Mason up 18-13
end of H1 - Mason up 34-30
end of Q3 - Mason up 44-38
=========

MASON,WINS 64 -58

Round 3 up next
vs #1 UMass

1677771041087.png

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Women advance 64-58, but hoo boy that was some ugly basketball at the end of the game. At one point a Mason forward got an outlet pass in the final 15 seconds of the game and all by herself she hit the bottom of the rim on a layup attempt.

Also not a fan of advancing the ball into the front court in the final minute.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Congrats to the ladies for advancing to the quarter finals! Doesn't happen too often, as we know. Next up: #1 seed UMass who they lost to by 20+ at EBA a couple of weeks ago. Tall order, but maybe UMass will forget to show up on time!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Tied game with 8 minutes to go but then the wheels fell off. UMass rose to the occasion and quickly went up double digits...Mason never seriously threatened the rest of the game. Nevertheless, it was a decent year for them, finishing over .500 overall. Progress at least.

Looks like a lot of seniors on the team, but I don't know the team well enough to speculate on what next year looks like.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
St. Louis is the representative for the a10 women in the ncaa tournament this year, beating UMass in OT, 91-85

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
St. Louis is the representative for the a10 women in the ncaa tournament this year, beating UMass in OT, 91-85

I wonder if UMass will get an at-large. No bad losses, 26-6, 11-2 road record, NET 56.

Don’t think any other team looks like they have a good enough resume.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I wonder if UMass will get an at-large. No bad losses, 26-6, 11-2 road record, NET 56.

Don’t think any other team looks like they have a good enough resume.

UMASS was one of the first 4 teams out

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Post Season Womens NIT

UMASS is an automatic qualifier

At Large

Fordham
Rhode Island
Richmond
St. Joes