2020 Base Salaries

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Base salaries for Mason's athletic department include the following - https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2020/10/05/virginia-salaries-2020.html:

Dave Paulsen - $432,765
Brad Edwards - 360,500
Nyla Milleson - 286,000
Duane Simpkins - 166,400
Maurice Joseph - 160,000
Bryson Johnson - 120,000
Elmar Bolowich - 115,000
Darrell Green - 108,191
Todd Bramble - 101,302.88
Tajama Abraham Ngongba - 91,387
Bill Brown - 83,586
Dawn Hicks - 69,628
Jay Hosack - 60,094

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Damn, our assistants get pretty decent money. Did not think guys like Bryson Johnson, who has been on the circuit for about 5 minutes, would be pulling in 120 a year...

That's assuming they don't get supplemental pay like Paulsen does from the Patriot club.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Is Bill Brown getting some supplemental on top of that 83k? He's been here since Virginia was a colony.
I have no idea who Bill Brown is but since VA was a colony got a great laugh outta me, I'm going to steal that one.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Pisses me off to think that a big part of the reason Coach L left was because they wouldn't give his assistants bigger raises and then years later, they eventually end up paying Mason assistants decent dough. Thanks TOC and Merten.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Pisses me off to think that a big part of the reason Coach L left was because they wouldn't give his assistants bigger raises and then years later, they eventually end up paying Mason assistants decent dough. Thanks TOC and Merten.

there were a lot of things but yes, you’re right.

makes me wonder how the assistants are paid in comparison to other assistants in the league.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You have to think of the Women's team coaching salaries as just the cost of doing business for having a Men's team. We have to have them and we have to pay them the going rate due to Title IX. Now, could we have gotten more out of a better coach at a similar salary? I hope so, starting with next season.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
You have to think of the Women's team coaching salaries as just the cost of doing business for having a Men's team. We have to have them and we have to pay them the going rate due to Title IX. Now, could we have gotten more out of a better coach at a similar salary? I hope so, starting with next season.

Trivia question: Since Mason's women basketball program has been in the NCAA (1982-83 season), how many coaches have a winning career record at Mason?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Y'all know that aint gonna happen. DP has sucked so bad here, the cheap a** AD is gonna say well "he can only go up from here"