Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

MIAMI UPDATE

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY, Jan 16, 2014.

1. JimP

JimP All-American

It is currently better than Mason's field - no doubt. Local news guy said the new complex will put it up there with any college facility in the nation. Seems very doubtful, though $60 million can buy you a lot of stadium in Binghamton, NY.
  2. Five Two

Five Two All-Conference

Where they can its up there with any college facility is that most of the major baseball schools are in the south and don't have a need for a full indoor practice building. I'm sure some Big 10 schools probably do. I think of Penn St's baseball stadium. Its better than what BU will have but Penn St's stadium also doubles as a minor league stadium. So technically PSU's isn't a "college facility". Splitting hairs....
    BTW, I'm amazed Kevin Stevens is still at the Press. Between him and John Fox, they've had two sports writers spanning over 60 years.
  3. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY All-American

Would you rather be in SOLE possession of 12th place in your conference, like Mason, or in a three-way tie for 11th place like Miami?

A tough question indeed!
  4. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Coach L should retire already.
  5. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

I would continue to bilk >$1.5 mill a year for as long as I could.
    sleeperpick likes this.
  6. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Good point
  7. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Why? He could go into broadcasting and make that and be a lot less stressed out.
  8. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY All-American

Just an update:

Miami finishes its season at 15-16. George Mason is currently 17-15, and can do no worse than finish a game better than Miami this year.

Look. At. Your. God. Now.
    mhAdmin, mason89 and TweederGMU like this.
  9. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer