Separate names with a comma.
Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!
Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by GMURaider, Mar 30, 2015.
I get what you were trying to say.... but it's a horrible idea when you think about it
Many schools welcome and encourage students from all times of lives, whether it’s middle age, old, traditional, whatever. It’s not a unique to Mason problem. Plenty of other schools also are known as suitcase schools too.
the issue is, the traditional students mason has, aren’t allowed to be traditional students as much as other schools whether it’s partying or tailgates or whatever. We’ve all beaten the horse on what those issues are.
The only candidate who cared enough to ask for my vote.
Done and done.
I appreciate that greatly. My early exit polling, which consists entirely of reading this post, suggests I have won most offices, if not all.
You will be spared in the opening days of the purge and your loyalty will not be forgotten.
I for one welcome our new Alumni Association Overlord.
All hail the mighty and benevolent Jollay!
I’m not suggesting getting rid of commuters. Im suggesting getting rid of cars for freshman who live on campus.
Similar to Jmu. They have local freshman who commute. But freshman RESIDENTS are not authorized parking permits.
buddy, Harrisonburg and Fairfax are very very different places
Yeah fairfax sucks hahah.
"FAIRFAX, Va. – George Mason University men's basketball bench boss Dave Paulsen has assembled a diverse and accomplished group of current and former assistant coaches during his 26-year career as a head coach in the profession.
Members of the Paulsen Coaching Tree hold an array of influential positions within the sport, including roles within the NBA, NCAA Divisions I, II and III and high school/preparatory hoops.
In the coming weeks, Paulsen will partner with many of these former assistants to conduct a series of "DP's Distancing Dialogues," to benefit organizations across the country which are serving the greater good during the coronavirus pandemic. The episodes will begin with a discussion of the coaching profession and the guest's career path, followed by a virtual coach's clinic in which the guest showcases best practices which helped them achieve success within the industry.
'Each year, my former assistants and I gather at the Final Four to share memories and reconnect,' Paulsen said. 'I truly missed that experience this year and wanted to recreate the lively discussion while contributing to those in need during this global pandemic. I hope that this series provides some great insight into the profession while allowing our coaching family to give back to our respective communities.'
For each episode produced, Paulsen will make a donation to either the D.C. Central Kitchen or Coaches vs. Cancer, while his guest will contribute to a local charity in their area.
Episodes will air Tuesdays on the Mason Athletics YouTube channel and be shared by Paulsen on Twitter. Current/prospective coaches and fans who watch the series are encouraged to contribute what they can to a charity of their choosing.
The first episode will feature 2020 CAA Coach of the Year Dane Fischer this Tuesday (May 12).
DAVE PAULSEN COACHING TREE
St. Lawrence University (1994-1997)
• Pat Duquette: Head Coach, UMass-Lowell
• K.C. Hunt: Head Coach, Wilmington College
• Chris Downs: Head Coach, St. Lawrence
Le Moyne College (1997-2000)
• Tobin Anderson: Head Coach, St. Thomas Aquinas
• Sean McDonnell: Head Coach/AD, University School (Cleveland, OH)
• Jerry Jusianec: Head Coach, Alfred State College
• Gallagher Driscoll: Head Coach, Bishop Ludden HS (Syracuse, NY)
• Jonathan Tsipis: Head Women's Coach, University of Wisconsin
Williams College (2000-2008)
• Jimmy McCarthy: Head Coach, Cheshire Academy (CT)
• Josh Loeffler: Head Coach, Johns Hopkins University
• Woody Kampman: Head Coach, Holderness School (NH)
• Dale Wellman: Head Coach, Nebraska Wesleyan
• Brian Wilson: Asst. Women's Coach, Quinnipiac University
Bucknell University (2008-2015)
• Tim Sweeney: Head Coach, Connecticut College
• Mike Cotton: Former Assistant Coach, NC Central/Rider/Kennesaw State
• Charles Lee: Assistant Coach, Milwaukee Bucks
• Ryan Ayers: Assistant Coach, University of Notre Dame
• Nick Leonardelli: Assistant Coach, UMass-Lowell
George Mason University (2015-present)
• Dane Fischer: Head Coach, William & Mary
• Aaron Kelly: Head Coach, Catholic University
• Mike Quinn: Assistant Coach, Boston University
• Ted Rawlings: Assistant Coach, Texas A&M Commerce
• Ryan Frazier: Video Coordinator, Phoenix Suns
• Duane Simpkins: Assistant Coach, George Mason
• Bryson Johnson: Assistant Coach, George Mason
• Pete Hutchins: Assistant Coach, George Mason
• Tyler Jorns: Director of Scouting, George Mason
• Zack Curran: Director of Operations, George Mason
• Alex Bates: Graduate Manager, George Mason"
George Mason Men's Basketball
Coach Paulsen will be the featured guest on the NABC Championship Webinar Series Thursday at 11 am (ET)! Sign up to watch for free here: http://bit.ly/3fL3S3U
Didn't see this until link was posted in Patriot Club email. Shows the influence that Simpkins has on Paulsen, which also reinforces comments made on DP's podcast with him:
Team is getting day off to vote November 3rd. Nice.
Only if a guy is local does that mean anything.
A ton of them are right now. But also dorm rooms are considered residences by Virginia so any of them should be able to register in Virginia if they didn’t want to vote absentee.
Anyone catch Paulsen on the junks this morning? I didn’t know he was going on until after it aired, trying to see if anywhere has replays.