Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2020-2021 Schedule Thread

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Five Two, Dec 5, 2019.

1. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY All-American

I hate service games because it means a DOD promotion game and its hard to insult visiting fans that serve our country.

Even though most are warm oggers.
    psyclone likes this.
  2. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

It’s the Navy, just make the submarine joke and question their sexuality, then wink at their girlfriend/wife.

Alternatively, tell them you are super interested in their work and ask them about their boate, and if they have a business plan to use their newly gained skills swabbing the poop deck when they get out.
  3. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

https://watchstadium.com/2020-21-college-basketball-events-schedule-05-07-2020/:

HALL OF FAME SHOOTOUT (Charlotte – Spectrum Center)
    Nov. 13 Virginia vs. Temple; Virginia Tech vs. Davidson; East Carolina vs. Liberty

MYRTLE BEACH INVITATIONAL (Conway, S.C. – HTC Center)
    Nov. 19, 20, 22 Charlotte, Dayton, Loyola, Missouri, Nebraska, Penn, Pittsburgh, Utah State

CHARLESTON CLASSIC (Charleston, S.C. – TD Arena)
    Nov. 19, 20, 22 Charleston, Florida State, Houston, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Seton Hall, Tennessee, VCU

JUNKANOO JAM (Bimini, Bahamas)
    Nov. 19-22 BYU, Boston College, Tulsa, George Mason

AMAICA CLASSIC (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
    Nov. 20-22 Wake Forest, Missouri State, UMass, UNCG

PARADISE JAM (St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands – UVI Sports & Fitness Center)
    Nov. 20-23 Little Rock, St. Bonaventure, Bradley, Long Beach State, FIU, Weber State, Buffalo, Cleveland State

HALL OF FAME AIR FORCE RESERVE TIP-OFF (Uncasville, Conn. – Mohegan Sun)
    Nov. 21-22 Marquette, Minnesota, Rhode Island, UCF

CAYMAN ISLANDS CLASSIC (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands – John Gray Gymnasium)
    Nov. 23-25 Kansas State, Oregon State, Miami, Ole Miss, Nevada, Western Kentucky, Northern Iowa, La Salle

MAUI INVITATIONAL (Maui, Hawaii – Lahaina Civic Center)
    Nov. 23-25 Alabama, Davidson, Indiana, UNC, Providence, Stanford, Texas, UNLV

GULF COAST SHOWCASE (Fort Myers, Fla.)
    Nov. 23-25 Akron, Delaware, East Carolina, Fordham, Indiana State, Middle Tennessee, Omaha, Vermont

ORLANDO INVITATIONAL (Orlando – Wide World of Sports)
    Nov. 26, 27, 29 Auburn, Belmont, Boise State, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Saint Louis, Siena, Xavier

HOLIDAY HOOPSGIVING (Atlanta – State Farm Arena)
    Dec. 12 Clemson vs. Alabama; Mississippi State vs. Dayton; LSU vs. South Florida; Auburn vs. Memphis

MOUNTAIN WEST-ATLANTIC 10

Tues., Dec. 1
    Utah State at Davidson

Wed., Dec. 2
    UNLV at VCU
    St. Bonaventure at New Mexico

Sat., Dec. 5
    San Diego State at Saint Louis
    George Mason at Fresno State
    Boise State at Rhode Island
    Air Force at Saint Joseph’s
    Richmond at Colorado State
    Duquesne at Wyoming

Sun., Dec. 6
    Dayton at Nevada
  4. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

Twitter is going crazy right now. JMU has supposedly forced out 3 of their returning scholarship players and they are all talking shit on Twitter about the new coach Byington. He signed a transfer PF (good one from San Diego St), PG(freshman), SG (from Mt St Mary's) and all of a sudden a PF, PG, and SG transferred. they are saying they were forced out... lot of drama down in Harrisonburg for the new coach. I hope Matt Lewis and Christmas leave as well. They have like 7 guys eligible for next year right now because of transfers needing to sit a year so far.
    mkaufman1, gmujim92 and tblack33 like this.
  5. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Jeeez, any links?
  6. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Not surprising to see guys leaving after a coaching change, but it is weird that Byington would be running anyone off already. Lack of talent was not JMU’s problem. Rowe had actually recruited some very nice young players, he just had no clue what to do with them.
  7. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

I know Matt Lewis was someone that @CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY always talked about as he should have been a Mason target. I think Christmas visited Mason at one point.

They obviously didnt want to get along or do what Byington wants. Not unheard of but the twitter bit is at least interesting.
  8. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

9. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Here is the curious part, at least to me: They haven’t had even one team workout yet and the new coach is already cutting guys loose. Very cold blooded.
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  10. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

one of the guys he cut had offers to Mississippi St, St Louis, Rice etc.. so it is not like he is cutting kids that had one offer to JMU. whole situation is interesting
    mkaufman1 and gmujim92 like this.
  11. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

https://www.dnronline.com/sports/jm...cle_a2c4d941-0ac1-5270-96c3-07852ad10fc9.html:

"Byington and his staff have been quite busy working the NCAA Transfer Portal the past few weeks with multiple experienced players leaving JMU and several more choosing to join the Dukes. Rising sophomores Quinn Richey and Zyon Dobbs became the latest JMU players to enter the transfer portal on Monday.

Division I men’s basketball programs are allowed to carry 13 scholarship players. JMU appeared to have 15 accounted for as of Sunday after last week’s commitments of Mount St. Mary’s transfer Vado Morse and high school senior Terrence Edwards, Jr.

After Byington was hired, Darius Banks, Deshon Parker, Dwight Wilson announced their intention to transfer from JMU. More recently, Devon Flowers, Richey, and Dobbs joined them in the transfer portal, but Flowers told the Daily News-Record on Monday that leaving JMU was not a choice he wanted to make and suggested he wasn’t alone among recent departures.

'Coach Byington gave me an ultimatum,' Flowers said. 'I take a medical disqualification or I transfer. When I questioned why I would need to take a medical DQ, they said it was because of my surgery my freshman year, which I have been cleared from...then I was told today that when a new coach comes in they can get rid of any player they want to.'”
  12. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

I would take a year of Lewis in a heartbeat if we could get it...
    gmujim92 likes this.
  13. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

How could they be pissed lol. They cant get any worse.
  14. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Would have to think he’d have no shortage of P5 suitors if he decides to leave.

I’d personally like another shot at Julian Wooden, the kid who posterized AJ last season. He has 3 years left and would give us another super athletic 6-8 forward ... alas we are out of scholarships for now.
  15. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Can't use a 2021 on him?
  16. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

He’d have to either pay his own way for his redshirt year or (and I don’t know if the NCAA allows this) completely sit out and not enroll until 2021.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  17. Five Two

Five Two All-Conference

18. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

I wouldn't think it would necessarily determine if the games are played...just gotta have testing/stipulations and may not have fans.

California blows for doing that at this juncture, by the way. No reason to do it this early, I hope scores of students sue to get their money back.
    gmujim92 and tblack33 like this.
  19. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...niversity-stay-online-leaving-fall-sports-air:

"A joint statement from Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson, Fresno State president Joseph Castro, San Diego State president Adela de la Torre and San Jose State president Mary Papazian said, 'Certainly, all conversations are led by academics, as well as public health and safety. Within that framework, more determinations are necessary. All three institutions will work closely with the Mountain West. No decisions on athletics have been made.'"
  20. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

A10 Talk

@A10Talk

·
    4h

Should be really interesting to see what the league comes up with this season. Most expect H/H's to be paired by location. What 5 teams do you want your A10 team play twice?